(All India Civil Accounts Employees Association
All India Civil Accounts Employees Association Category –II)
10/42, Old Rajinder Nagar, New Delhi: - 110060
No: NFCAA/HQ/A-1/10/Cir-4 Dated 11th May, 2010
All Federal Executive Members,
All Women Committee Members,
All Branch Secretaries of AICAEA & AICAEA Cat- II
OBSERVE PROTEST DAY ON 2ND JUNE 2010
A delegation comprising Com. A. K. Mehta, Vice President, Com. V. Bhattacharjee, Secretary General, Com. S. Bandyopadhyay, Finance Secretary and Com. M. B. Singh, Asstt. Secretary General had met Shri M. Sridharan, Joint Controller General of Accounts on 4th May 2010.
The delegation had pointed out the following to the Joint Controller General of Accounts -
- Civil Accounts Organization is having large member of vacancies at the level of Sr. Accountant/Accountant/LDC/Group-D etc. Since there is no ban on recruitment, requisition to SSC for sponsoring persons should have been given by the Civil Accounts authorities as has been done by the authorities of Central Secretariat, Income Tax, Central Excise, Indian Audit and Accounts Department etc. But, inspite of assurance in by CGA in the formal meeting held between the official side and the National Executive of All India Civil Accounts Employees Association on 13th November 2009, office of CGA has not taken any action in this regard while the SSC is conducting recruitment examination on 15th May 2010..
- As a followup of the discussion held in the meeting dated 13th November 2009, the All India Civil Accounts Employees Association and All India Civil Accounts Employees Association Category-II had submitted detailed note on the actual Pay Scales applicable to different Categories of Civil Accounts Employees and officers in terms of the 6CPC recommendations. But, the authorities have not taken any favorable action in this regard.
- Apart from above issues, other issues discussed in the same meeting and assurance of settlement offered againt those, have been place under cold storage.
- The issues relating to grant of honorarium for checking of Pay Fixation/Pension cases, enhancement of rate of qualification Pay, Grant of benefit of MACP to different Categories of employees are pending with CGA office for more them Six months which should have been settled by now. But CGA office has not taken any action on any of the issues.
The delegation finally demanded that, CGA should immediately convene a meeting with the representatives of both AICAEA CAT II and AICAEA for the review of the progress on the items discussed in the meeting held on 12th and 13th November 2009 respectively.
Reacting to the points raised by the delegation, Joint CGA, on behalf of the authorities indicated that, CGA has been planning total re-orientation of Civil Accounts Organization by making it positive towards the Departments/ Ministries it has been serving. In order to do so the size of the organization need to be reduced by not filling up the vacancies of different grades as it would generate small team of employees who would not be able to develop trade union actions and the available human resource in such a condition would be possible to be better exploited by using computerization and other form of automation etc. As an example, Joint CGA explained that, only one employee would be deployed and he/she would be enough to maintain few thousands of GPF Accounts through computer software. Joint CGA also informed that, different forms of training programmes are being planned to improve the skills of the employees and Joint CGA himself is engaged in working out the device for imparting training to non-matriculate Group-D Employees (who are not even 5% of total employees and most of them are on the verge of retirement).
Joint CGA informed the delegation in clear terms that there are more than 950 vacancies in Sr. Accountant level. But CGA shall not fill up all those posts. In fact CGA has been dreaming to re-construct the Civil Accounts Organization into a commercialized co-operate house and have the ISO certification.
Responding to the demands on the Grant of Pay Scales to different cadres, Joint CGA expressed that CGA is not inclined to send any recommendations to the Government for grant of appropriate Pay Scales applicable to different Categories of Employees and Officers of Civil Accounts Organization on the ground that officers and Employees of Civil Accounts Organization do not deserve any form of upgraded pay scale than the existing pay packets they have been receiving.
Further, sharply reacting to the observations of the delegation on the matter of posting of AAO and PAOs in an irregular manner, Joint CGA attempted to established that, transfer and postings are a prerogative of CGA and CGA office is very fair in regulating the transfer and posting of AAO/PAOs although the policy adopted earlier by the authorities are not being followed now.
Dear Comrades, on 6th May 2010, available Federal Executive members had reviewed the out come of the discussion with Joint CGA. Important functionaries of Delhi Branch had also taken part in this meeting. After a thorough review, the meeting concluded that the Civil Accounts authority has been plaining not only to destroy the Group-B C & D Cadres but to demolish the Civil Accounts Organization altogether. Such an approach would not be tolerated by the NFCAA and its members. The meeting felt that there should be country wide protest and the form of protest programme should be decided in consultation with the leaders of Federation.
Therefore, after consultation with all concerned it has been decided that, "All India protest day" shall be held on 2nd June 2010. All units shall adopt the annexed Resolution and forward it directly to CGA under intimation to Federation headquarters. Branches shall mobilize the units ensure sending resolution by all the units.
With warm greetings,
The meeting of the staff members of PAO/ZAO ------------ held today the 2nd June 2010 noted with grave concern that there are thousands of posts vacant in the Civil Accounts Organization which has been adversely affecting the functioning of the office and the future prospects of the existing employees.
The meeting also expresses its anguish against non-settlement of following demands.
1. Implement arbitration award by granting higher pay scale notionally w.e.f.1-1-1986 and effectively w.e.f 1-1-2006.
2. upgrade LDCs by re-designating them as Acctts/Assistants and following pay sales to different cadres-
Acctts.Assistant PB-1 with Grade Pay Rs.2400
Accountant/Steno /DEO Gr. A PB-2 with Grade Pay Rs.4200
Sr. Accountant/Auditor/ Steno Gr.II PB-2 with Grade Pay Rs.4600
SO/JAO/AAO/PS PB-2 with Grade Pay Rs.4800
PB-3 with Grade Pay Rs.5400
On completion of 4 years.
Accounts/Audit Officer/Sr. PS PB-3 with Grade Pay Rs.6600
Sr. Accounts/Audit Officer PB-3 with Grade Pay Rs.7600
3. Grant ACP on departmental hierarchy basis.
4. Grant one increment and Grade pay of Rs.4800 from the day of passing JAO/SOG examination.
5. Grant three increments on passing departmental confirmatory examination.
6. Step up pay of Senior Promotees who exhausted ACP in the event of junior drawing more pay and getting ACP in compliance with apex court judgment.
7. Grant recognition to Railway Accounts Staff Association.
1. Filling up of all vacant posts by direct recruitment, promotion and absorption of deputationists on agreed terms and no outsourcing and off-loading of works of Civil Accounts.
2. Vacation of vindictive actions against employees and officers of the organization and taking appropriate action against officers' responsible for victimization and vindictive action.
3. Restoration of 594 posts kept in operational abeyance.
4. Implementation of MACP scheme by removing its anomalies.
5. Grant of recognition to AICAEA CAT-II and implementation of Check-Off system as per Government instructions.
6. Augmentation of Additional Staff strength required in PAOs of Ministry of Home Affairs and creation of justified posts immediately.
7. Formation of Department of Accounts under Controller General of Accounts.
8. Conversion of DEO as Accountant.
9. Promotion of all left out non-matriculate Group-D qualified Departmental examination before 0ctober2003 and restoration of 5% promotional Quota to the post of LDC.
10. Increase in promotional quota for Senior Accountant as AAO to 20% of posts of AAO and removal of condition of 53 years of age for promotion.
11. Grant of benefit of II ACP to Sr. Accountant appointed as Accountant on passing Departmental Competitive Examination conducted by SSC.
12. Separate toilet facilities and Rest Room facilities for women employees in all offices.
13. Issuing of Gradation lists of all cadres immediately.
14. Provision of the Central Office of the Associationin in the new building allotted by the Government to CGA in the event of demolition existing accommodation.
15. Supply of copies of orders/OMs of general interest of staff to the Association in terms of the Government of India as well as CGA's instructions and placement of orders/ Circulars in the website of CGA.
The meeting therefore, urges upon the Controller General of Accounts to meeting the representatives of AICAEA and AICAEA Category-II and settle above issues at the earliest.
Resolved that the copies of the Resolution shall be forwarded to the Controller General of Accounts, Ministry of Finance, Department of Expenditure, Loknayak Bhawan, Khan Market New New Delhi -110003 and the Secretary General, National Federation of Civil Accounts Associations, New Delhi.
President of the meeting