N.F.C.A.A. DECISION FOR PROTEST DEMONSTRATION AGAINST INDISCRIMINATE
TRANSFER OF EMPLOYEES AND OFFICERS
All Federal Executive Members,
All Women Committee Members,
All Branch Secretaries of AICAEA & AICAEA Cat- II
Dear Comrades and members,
HOLD BRANCH LEVEL PROTEST DEMONSTRATION ON 22ND MAY 2014
TORTURE TO EMPLOYEES AND OFFICERS IN THE NAME OF TRANSFER ON PROMOTION
In the formal meeting held between the National executive of this Association and the CGA on 30th May 2013, we had discussed the issue of transfer policy of AAO and AO/Sr. AO and demanded that there should be a mutually agreed transfer policy. Subsequently we discussed the issue informally with the CGA and other officers of CGA office on several occasions.
In response to our suggestions in these meetings, the official side had also agreed to the following conditions
01. In order to save the money of the Government and provide minimum convenience to the individuals,transfer of the officials on promotion shall be tried to be made within the state.
02. Only in such cases, where there are no vacancies available in the state, the persons shall be posted in the neighboring state and preferably within a distance of 500 kilometers from their original station of posting.
03. Transfer to choice stations to the officials posted at other station shall be done strictly on seniority basis. When a junior is being promoted, his/her senior working in a different station (outside choice stations) shall be transferred back and he/she shall be posted there.
04. Officials due to retire within two years shall not be transferred on promotion to out of station.
05. Since the Senior Accountants promoted against 10% promotional quota do not get any financial benefit and they being very senior in age shall not be posted outside the station of their choice.
06. Local rotational transfer shall be implemented strictly in all stations within July 2013.
But it is very disappointing to note that, the CGA authorities did not honor any of their assurances. They are not observing any norm of posting and transfer. The Officials promoted as AAO or AO have been observed to be transferred indiscriminately upto the distance of 3000 Kilometers from their home towns. A standing order has been issued to the heads of the Civil Accounts Organizations that, no representation of the individuals expressing their difficulty to move out station should be forwarded to CGA office. As such, applications submitted by the individuals on medical grounds are not also being forwarded to the CGA by different Civil Accounts authorities. The persons posted outside on promotion are representing repeatedly for their transfer to their choice stations. But they are not getting any justice while their juniors have been promoted in the same stations. Several Sr. Accountants who are on the verge of retirement and shall not be entitled to any financial benefit even after getting the promotion as AAO have been promoted under 10% promotional quota and ordered to move out station on promotion. Their representations for considering their cases on health ground and family circumstances are not being entertained at all.
On the other hand, while the indigenous employees of Civil Accounts organization have been made victims of transfer policy, several persons from other Departments have been brought on deputation basis and posted in the same station.
Moreover, it has also been observed that shifting vacant posts from one office/station are being done indiscriminately for adjustment of persons to be favored by the authority. It is causing great harm to the functions of the offices in particular and interests of the employees in general. The earlier policy of local rotational transfers has been put to cold storage by the authority and it is being applied as and when any individual is to be favoured.
On 24th February 2014, Secretary General had met the CGA and requested him to consider atleast the genuine cases on the basis of their representations. In response to this CGA had asked Secretary General to forward brief summary of such cases along with the copies of representations of the individuals. Accordingly, Secretary General, after collecting the details of the cases, submitted those through a letter to CGA on 19th March 2014(available in website) requesting him to consider the cases sympathetically. Except one case, no action on any other cases has so far been taken by the CGA. Secretary General made several attempts to meet CGA during the period. But CGA did not respond.
From the above discussed facts it has been clearly established that, the officers and employees of civil accounts organization have been subjected to extreme torture and victimization in the form of transfer and posting on promotion. It might have been thought by the authorities that, such actions of theirs shall not be contested by the employees and their organizations.
Therefore, after showing our extreme patience, we have now decided to take the path of organizational action. We call upon all Branches of the country to hold joint lunch hour demonstration of the members of AICAEA and AICAEA CAT II under the banner of National Federation of Civil Accounts Associations (NFCAA) in a central place on 22nd May 2014 and forward a Resolution to the Controller General of Accounts.