LETTER TO CGA DEMANDING ADHOC PROMOTION TO ALL ELIGIBLE PERSONS AS AAOS
(RECOGNIZED BY GOVT. OF INDIA)
Central Office: - Address for Communication:-
16-A, Akbar Road Hutments, 17/2 – C, P & T Quarters,
New Delhi: - 110011 Kali Bari Marg,
No:- AICAEA/HQ/A-2/2016/1009 Dated: 26.11.2016
Shri M.J. Joseph,
Controller General of Accounts,
Ministry of Finance,
Department of Expenditure,
4th Floor, GPOA, Block-E, INA,
New Delhi – 110023
Subject: - Grant of promotion on adhoc basis to all eligible persons as AAOs – Agenda No. 8 of the meeting held on 15th November, 2016.
I have been directed to refer the discussion on the item No. 8 (Eight) in the formal meeting held on 15th November, 2016 between the official side of your office and the representatives of the Co-ordination Committee of Civil Accounts Employees and Officers Associations under the Chairpersonship of the Joint Controller General of Accounts and submit the following few lines for your consideration and favourable decision -
1. That sir, it has been reported that, more than 800 (eight hundred) posts of AAOs are lying vacant in the Civil Accounts Organization. After introduction PFMS the works and requirement of the AAOs in the organization has mounted further. In spite of such a situation, the functioning of the organization is continuing because either the Sr.AO/AO or the Accountant/Senior Accountants are attending the works of vacant posts of AAOs.
2. That Sir, due to total stoppage of promotion to the grade of AAO for last two years, nearly one hundred AAO© examination qualified persons have not got their legitimately due promotions. The Senior Accountants who are eligible for promotion in terms of the provisions of existing recruitment rules have not also been getting promotions for the last two years and hundreds of senior accountants have even retired during the past two years without having their promotion to next grade as AAO. Promotion as AAO is the only one promotion prospect for the cadre of Accountant/ Senior Accountant in their entire service career who do not qualify the AAO(Civil) examination.
3. That Sir, we are sure, you would definitely appreciate that, above discussed situations are extremely frustrating, demoralizing and demotivating for the workers.
Therefore, we request you to restore the system of adhoc promotion and grant adhoc promotions atleast to the following categories of officials against the posts lying vacant in the grade of AAOs.
1. Candidates passed AAO© Examination in 2013 and 2014.
2. All officials qualified four papers of AAO © Examination and
3. Senior Accountants working in the posts for 10(ten) years and eligible for promotion as AAO as per the provision in the existing rules.