AICAEA LETTER TO CGA
ON THE MATTER OF – CANCELLATION OF AAO (CIVIL) EXAMINATION, 2014 AND RE-EXAMINATION
(RECOGNIZED BY GOVT. OF INDIA)
Central Office: - Address for Communication:-
16-A, Akbar Road Hutments, 17/2 – C, P & T Quarters,
New Delhi: - 110011 Kali Bari Marg,
No: - AICAEA/HQ/A-2/2017/231 Dated: 05.05.2017
Shri Anthony Lianzuala,
Controller General of Accounts,
Ministry of Finance,
Department of Expenditure,
4th Floor, GPOA, Block-E, INA,
New Delhi – 110023
Subject: AAO (Civil) Examination, 2014 – Cancellation and re-examination regarding.
Reference;- O.M. No. A-34012/3701/2014/MF.CGA (E)/1011 dated 22-3-2017 and subsequent letters No.A-34012(1)/2017/MF.CGA (E)/10 dated 28-3-2017 and No. A-34012/3701/2014(238)//MF.CGA (E) 40 dated 13-04-2017.
The National Executives meeting of this Association held on 12th April 2017 in Delhi had deliberated on the fall out of the decision of your office to conduct re-examination on 6th &7th July 2017 by cancelling the results of AAO (Civil) Examination, 2014 and directed me to draw your kind attention to the following matters on account of the anguish and resentment shown by the members through our Branches and Units for your kind perusal and favorable decision-
1. The AAO (Civil) Examination, 2014 has been cancelled on the ground of “large scale irregularities reported” … “which undermined the process for fair selection of meritorious candidates”. Irregularities ought to have been detected sometime between holding of the Examination in October, 2014 and declaration of results on 31-3-2015. It took almost six months to declare the results yet no irregularity was detected between the intervening periods, or shortly thereafter.
2. Since, the Examination was conducted in October, 2014, and results were declared on 31-3-2015, it is almost after two years, the successful candidates have been told that the Examination stands cancelled. This is an unprecedented cancellation of a departmental examination in the history of functioning of Civil Accounts organization.
3. The individuals responsible for the irregularities have not been identified and isolated. No policy decisions to check irregularity in future examinations has been adopted and circulated before taking the decision of conducting re-examination. As such, the future examinations are not free form the doubt of irregularities and ultimate sufferers shall be the candidates.
4. The cancellation orders not only put into uncertainty the career of successful candidates, but they also face the danger of withdrawal of benefits already granted to them. Apart from the candidates cleared all papers, a section of the LDCs who cleared four out of eight papers have been promoted and posted as Accountants from the date of passing the examination. It is beyond all doubt that, they were not the part of any irregularity but they shall be the worst victim due to cancellation of the examination.
Therefore, in the greater interest of the Civil Accounts organization, this Association requests you kindly
1. not to punish the honest and genuine candidates by conducting re-examination once again in July 2017 as they had already appeared the examination in 2014 and got through it by after giving their hard labor.
2. to identify the officials and candidates responsible for the incident of irregularities and initiate appropriate departmental action against them.
This Association hopes, your esteemed self being one of the most kind hearted personalities of Civil Accounts Organization shall consider the urge of the totality of the Civil Accounts Employees reflected through the contents of this letter most sympathetically and take a decision that would remove tension and restore smile on the faces of those innocent employees who are suffering from the feelings of dejection.