AICAEA LETTER TO CGA: DEMANDED GRANT OF PROMOTION AS AAOS TO ALL ELIGIBLE PERSONS IMMEDIATELY
(RECOGNIZED BY GOVT. OF INDIA)
Central Office: - Address for Communication:-
16-A, Akbar Road Hutments, 17/2 – C, P & T Quarters,
New Delhi: - 110011 Kali Bari Marg,
No: - AICAEA/HQ/A-2/2016/ 271 Dated: 10.03.2016
Shri M.J. Joseph,
Controller General of Accounts,
Ministry of Finance,
Department of Expenditure,
Lok Nayak Bhawan, Khan Market,
New Delhi – 110003
Subject: - Filling up of vacant of posts of AAOs by granting promotion to the eligible candidates declared as passed in the AAO (Civil) Examination 2014 and on seniority basis.
I have been directed to draw your kind attention to the fact that, several posts in the grade of AAO are lying vacant in different parts of the country. Due to this, the works in the organization are suffering very badly. It is more than a year, majority of the existing AAOs are bearing the burden of attending additional work load of other AAOs and most of the Senior Accountants are performing the duties of AAOs due to non-availability of AAOs so that the payment and Accounting functions of the Government of India continue smoothly.
In addition to the above situation, many AAOs are awaiting transfer to their choice stations on completion of their tenure and their families are suffering in different manners.
But on the other hand, the candidates who had qualified the AAO (Civil) examination 2014 have been awaiting their posting orders as AAOs for last one year and no promotion under 10% seniority promotion quota was granted to any Senior Accountant to the post of AAO in the year 2015. Moreover, inspite of existence of an order of your office, all senior most Senior Accountants of the organization are retiring from service without even getting the benefit of adhoc promotion as AAOs.
In the discussion held with your good self on 11th December 2015, you had kindly informed me that, work is in progress to resolve the problem and soon a decision shall be taken to grant promotion to all eligible candidates as AAOs. But even after three months no decision has been taken.
Further, our Branches from different parts of the country have brought the following facts to our knowledge recently-
1. While giving reply to an application under RTI Act 2005, your office vide a letter dated 16th October 2015 informed the applicant concerned that the existing panel of candidates who qualified the AAO (Civil) examination 2014 shall remain valid till 30th March 2016.
2. In response to a D.O. Letter dated 26.10.2015 of the office of Controller General of Accounts, the Finance (Accounts) Department of Government National Capital Territory of Delhi invited applications from the employees of Delhi Government for posting as AAOs on deputation basis in the Civil Accounts organization.
Sir, above situations has generated wide resentment among the membership of this Association spread throughout the country. The members are astonished to find that the authorities have decided to bring persons form other departments as AAOs on deputation basis overlooking the availability of qualified and eligible candidates in the Civil Accounts organization itself.
Therefore, I on behalf of the Association seek your kind and personal intervention in to the matter and request you to kindly protect the interests of the Civil Accounts employees by taking following favourable actions -
1. Issue orders for posting of all candidates qualified AAO (Civil) examination, 2014 before 31st March 2016.
2. Grant promotions to the Senior Accountants as AAOs who are eligible for promotion under 10% promotion quota.
3. Issue orders for transfer of the AAOs completed their tenure posting period and awaiting posting to their choice stations.
4. Cancel the decision of your office to bring persons from other departments/ organizations as AAOs on deputation basis and grant adhoc promotions to the eligible persons of Civil Accounts organization itself in case vacancies exist after issuing orders for promotion to the persons discussed in Sl. No. 1 and 2 above.
This Association shall be highly thankful to you for your kind and early favourable actions.