Protest Letter against Non-Payment of Pension to Com.K.Venkatasubramanian
(RECOGNIZED BY GOVT. OF INDIA)
Central Office: - Address for Communication:-
16-A, Akbar Road Hutments, 17/2 – C, P & T Quarters,
New Delhi: - 110011 Kali Bari Marg,
No. AICAEA/HQ/C-3/2017/360-378 Dated 19.06.2017
Shri J. P. S. Chawla,
Principal Chief Controller of Accounts,
Central Board of Excise and Customs,
R. No. 105 ’B’ Wing,
A.G.C.R. Building I. P. Estate,
New Delhi – 110002.
Subject:- Non-payment of Pensionary benefits and denial of pension purposefully to the pensioner by the PAO, Central Excise, Madurai – request for intervention regarding.
I on behalf of this Association, enclosing herewith a copy of the self contained representation of Shri K. Venkatasubramanian, retired Senior Accountant, PAO, Central Excise, Madurai on the fact mentioned in the subject of this letter. The representation is addressed to the Dy. Controller of Accounts, CBEC, Chennai and copy forwarded to this Association through email by Shri Venkatasubramanian enroute AICAEA, CBEC, Madurai Unit and AICAEA, Tamilnadu and Pondicherry Branch.
Shri K.Venkatasubramanian has retired from Government service ON 30th April, 2017. He was working as a Senior Accountant in PAO, Central Excise, Madurai. The PPO of Shri Venkatasubramanian has been kept pending personally by the PAO for last one and a half months without any valid ground. As such, Shri Venkatasubramanian could not draw his [pension for May 2017 and there is no probability that he would be able to draw his pension in the forth coming months unless higher authorities intervene, Not only pension, leave Salary and Group Insurance amounts of Shri Venkatasubramanian have also been withheld the PAO. Pensioners Identity Card too has not been issued to Shri Venkatasubramanian so far and even his Form16 in respect of the year 2016-17 has not been handed over to him.
Being aggrieved, Shri Venkatasubramanian has submitted his representation to the DY. CA, CBEC, Chennai. Thereafter, the representatives of AICAEA, Tamilnadu and Pondicherry Branch, Chennai had met and requested the Dy.CA, CBEC, Chennai to intervene. But the result being disappointing, the Branch has requested us to draw your kind attention and seek your intervention.
Accordingly, we endeavored consecutively on 15thand 16th June 2017 to meet and narrate the situation to you personally. But failing to succeed in our earnest attempt to meet you, we choose to write this letter.
It may be brought to your kind information that, Shri K. Venkatasubramanian was democratically elected as the President in the 14th All India Conference of the Association held at Chennai for his second tenure in July 2015. Undoubtedly, his effective and righteous approaches towards the causes of the members were the basic reason that the Delegates of the Conference had re-elected him as the President of the Association for the second time. However, due to his ill health he had been avoiding travelling and not attending the organizational works outside his station.
It is also to bring it to your kind information that, in the mid months of 2016, one of the Senior Accountants of PAO, CBEC, Madurai was vindictively transferred to out of station by your administration on the basis of the recommendations of PAO, CBEC, Madurai. Against this unjustified action of the administration of your office, totality of the Civil Accounts Employees of the country including PAO, CBEC, Madurai had resorted to protest action and only after the intervention of CGA the transfer order was reversed by your administration. But at that time too, your administration had withheld seven days salary of the employees of PAO, CBEC, Madurai illegally.
Seemingly, under the above back ground and as a follow-up vindictive action, the Sr. AO of PAO, CBEC, Madurai has taken the position of denying Pensionary benefits and regular pension to Shri K. Venkatasubramanian, Senior Accountant and your administration is reluctant to act against the Sr. AO.
Therefore, on behalf of this Association, we seek your personal intervention in to the matter and request you to kindly take following actions-
1. Issue directions for immediate release of Pensionary benefits of Shri K. Venkatasubramanian, Senior Accountant.
2. Initiate appropriate disciplinary action against the officials who are directly and indirectly responsible for withholding Pensionary benefits of Shri K. Venkatasubramanian, Senior Accountant.
3. Take appropriate measures to stop harassing the representatives and members of the Association by the administration of your office as there are several incidents and examples of harassments to the representatives and members of the Association in violation of Govt. of India rules in addition to Madurai.
Enclo:- as stated above.
1. Shri Anthony Lianzuala, Controller General of Accounts, Ministry of Finance, Department of Expenditure, 4th Floor, GPOA, Block-E, INA, New Delhi – 110023 along with the copy of the representation for kind intervention.
2. Shri K. Venkatasubramanian, Madurai for information.
3. The Branch Secretary, All India Civil Accounts Employees Association, Tamilnadu and Pondicherry Branch, Chennai.
4. Unit Secretary, All India Civil Accounts Employees Association, PAO, CBEC, Madurai.
5. All National Executive Members.
6. Secretary Generals of all fraternal organizations.