Limited Departmental Qualifying Examination for promotion of Group ‘C’ Multi-Tasking Staff (12th Pass) as Lower Division Clerks
LIMITED DEPARTMENTAL QUALIFYING EXAMINATION FOR PROMOTION OF GROUP ‘C’ MULTI-TASKING STAFF (12TH PASS) AS LOWER DIVISION CLERKS ON 4TH OCTOBER, 2017.
(RECOGNIZED BY GOVT. OF INDIA)
Central Office: - Address for Communication:-
16-A, Akbar Road Hutments, 17/2 – C, P & T Quarters,
New Delhi: - 110011 Kali Bari Marg,
No:- AICAEA/HQ/A-2/2017/703-706 Dated: 18.08.2017
Shri Anthony Lianzuala,
Controller General of Accounts,
Ministry of Finance,
Department of Expenditure,
4th Floor, GPOA, Block-E, INA,
New Delhi – 110023
Subject:- Limited Departmental Qualifying Examination for promotion of Group ‘C’ Multi-Tasking Staff (12th Pass) as Lower Division Clerks – request for age-relaxation for candidates - regarding.
We are thankful to learn through your office letter No:- A.34012/342/2017/MF.CGA(E)/298 dated 11.08.2017 that, in response to our request you have kindly decided to conduct the Limited Departmental Qualifying Examination for promotion of Group ‘C’ Multi-Tasking Staff (12th Pass) as Lower Division Clerks on 4th October, 2017.
However, in response to the Para 3 of the above mentioned letter, I have been directed to state that the following:-
1. The para 8 (power to relax) of the Central Civil Accounts Service (Lower Division Clerk Group ‘C’ Post) Recruitment Rules, 2010 provides that-
“Where the Central Government is of the opinion that it is expedient so to do, it may, by order, for reasons to be recorded in writing, relax any of the provisions of these rules with respect to any class or category of persons.”
1. The model Recruitment Rules prescribed DOPT does not restrict any relaxation in Recruitment Rules.
2. The Department of Personnel and Training vide O.M. No:- CD.14017/10/85-Estt. (RR) dated 5th June, 1985 has given the following clarifications:-
“…………The matter has been considered and it is hereby clarified that under the provisions of this Departments O.M. dated 21.03.1985 referred to the above, administrative Ministries/Departments are competent to relax the provisions of the notified Recruitment Rules for Group C&D posts coming under their administrative control.”
3. In the above back ground we would like submit the following few lines for your considerations:-
1. Since no promotional examination for multi-tasking staff was conducted by your office for last 5 (five) years, many MTS, despite being 12th pass did not get the opportunity to appear the Limited Departmental Qualifying Examination for promotion as Lower Divisions Clerks within last five years and now, due to crossing the age of 45 years on 31.03.2017, they have become in-eligible to appear the examination for the rest of their service life.
2. Many Multi-Tasking staff who were not 12th pass earlier have acquired the eligibility for appearing the aforementioned examination by passing the 12th standard during the last five years with the hope that they would become LDCs by appearing and qualifying the limited departmental qualifying examination for the post of LDC. But due to not conducting the examination by your office since the year 2012, they have crossed the age of 45 (forty five) years.
3. The orders of DOPT referred in point No.3 of the proceeding part of this letter empowers Controller General of Accounts to relax the provisions of the Recruitment Rules.
Therefore, we once again request to kindly consider the plight of MTS who are lowest paid employees and provide them the opportunity of appearing the Departmental Qualifying Examination for promotion as LDC, 2017 by relaxing the Recruitment Rules as an one time measurer.
1. Shri Ashok Lavasa, Finance Secretary & Secretary Expenditure, Government of India, 129-A, North Block, New Delhi – 110001 along with Controller General of Accounts letter No:- A.34012/342/2017/MF.CGA(E)/298 dated 11.08.2017.
2. Shri Poulose E.V., Secretary, Department of Personnel & Training, Ministry of Personnel, PG& Pensions, Government of India, North Block, New Delhi – 110001 along with Controller General of Accounts letter No:- A.34012/342/2017/MF.CGA(E)/298 dated 11.08.2017.
3. The all National Executive Members/Branch Secretaries for necessary action.