CO-ORDINATION COMMITTEE (COC) circular No. 9 Dated: 21.08.2019
CO-ORDINATION COMMITTEE (COC)
CIVIL ACCOUNTS EMPLOYEES AND OFFICERS ASSOCIATIONS
National Federation of Civil Accounts Associations (NFCAA)
[All India Civil Accounts Employees Association]
[All India Civil Accounts Employees Association Category II]
All India Association of Pay and Accounts Officers (Civil)
Central Office: - Address for Communication:
Room No. 351, ‘B’ Wing, 17/2 – C, P & T Quarters,
Loknayak Bhawan, Kali Bari Marg,
Khan Market, New Delhi – 110003 New Delhi-110001
No.COC/CA/2019/Circular-9 Dated: 21.08.2019
The Federal Executive / National Executive members
/Branch Secretaries of NFCAA and AIAPAO(C) and conveners of COCs
THE APEX LEVEL COC MET IN DELHI ON 17TH AUGUST 2019
REVIEWED THE OUTCOME OF THE MEETING HELD WITH
CGA ON 16TH AUGUST 2019
MOVE FAST IN THE LINE OF STRUGGLE AND LEGAL ACTION FOR ACHIEVING THE PRIME DEMANDS
The apex level Co-ordination Committee had met at Delhi on 17th August 2019.
To begin with the meeting observed two minutes silence to offer tribute to late Smt. Sushma Swaraj, ex Foreign Minister, Sheila Dixit, ex Chief Minister, Delhi, Com. Ramachandran, Sr. Accountant, PAO, CPWD, Chennai and all others who have expired during the intervening period.
REVIEW OF OUTCOME OF THE MEETING HELD ON 16TH AUGUST 2019
The meeting thereafter reviewed the meeting held between the Civil Accounts authorities and the representatives of the COC on 16th August 2019 under the Chairmanship of CGA. Representatives of the COC from Delhi, Shillong, Guwahati, Hyderabad, Chennai, Bangalore, Cochin, Mumbai, Nagpur, and Jaipur took part in the meeting. Com. Amol V Sule, Secretary General, AICAEA Cat-II and President, NFCAA, presided over the meeting. It was observed the following by the meeting:-
1.1st Cadre Review of Group B & C Cadres: The Internal Cadre Review Committee has placed the first and second supervisory levels (AAO, AO, Sr. AO) and the cadres of Stenos/ Secretarial Assistants at the appropriate level and proposed scientific pay structures for these cadres but, it has taken a very unjustified, unscientific and illogical approach against the Cadres of Accountant /Senior Accountant and Data Entry Operators. These cadres have been denied justice by an unscientific proposal for grant of level 7(GP 4600) and level 5(GP 2800) to Senior Accountants and Accountants respectively disregarding the facts that, both have been assigned the same work, the 6th CPC had recommended Grade Pay of 4200/- in PB2 (level-6) to Accountant. The internal Cadre Review Committee also failed to appreciate that, non-elevating the Accountants to Pay Level 6 shall degrade the level of Civil Accounts Organization as the quality freshers from the SSC would not be available. Not only this, the Internal Cadre Review Committee also took a very biased and adamant approach of merging the DEOs with its lower cadre of LDCs instead of Accountants while historically these employees were recruited by down gradation of the posts of Accountants to perform the technical jobs of that level and they were offered higher pay scale than the pay scale of LDCs initially, elevated subsequently to the pay scale of Accountants till the pay scale of Accountants was further upgraded by the Govt. and now placed at par with the pay scale of UDCs.
The meeting also observed that, the Civil Accounts authorities have forwarded the proposal finalized by the Internal Cadre Review Committee to the Department of Expenditure by keeping the Associations in dark ignoring the very fact that the Associations are the stakeholders.
2. AAO (Civil) Examination and earned exemptions: Regarding conducting the AAO (Civil) Examination in new pattern and continuing the exemptions in the old pattern to the candidates in the new pattern etc., it has been observed by the meeting that the authorities have taken a totally unreasonable and anti-employee approach.
While nearly 500 vacancies of AAO are there, the authorities are not conducting the examinations for the last two years and not granting promotions to the eligible officials for the last five years. Moreover, on the basis of totally unjustified and unprecedented stand, authorities have taken the approach of punishing the innocent employees by not allowing them to avail the benefit of exemptions they have acquired by appearing in the old pattern AAO (Civil) Examination introduced in the year 2006. There is no logic that, while as per suggestion of the Association, existing 8(eight) paper system has been agreed to continue in the new pattern of the examinations, the benefit of exemptions are being denied to the candidates. This decision on the part of Controller General of Accounts is not only against the natural justice but totally anti-employee.
The meeting also observed that, as a result of the backlog created by the CGA the future prospects of totality of the Group C/ non-gazetted Gr.B employees right from MTS to Senior Accountants of the Civil Accounts Organization has been blocked for the last five years in the following manner :-
· The prospective candidates are not getting the opportunity to appear the examinations even after becoming eligible.
· those candidates who have registered their credibility by acquiring exemptions in good number of papers are being denied the credit of their eligibility and
· Finally, due to the above reasons the rest of the categories is not getting their legitimately due promotions for the last five years.
3. Recognition to All India Civil Accounts Employees Association Category-II: It was very disappointing to note that authorities are unnecessarily delaying the issue of granting the more than overdue recognition to AICAEA CATII.
4. Other Important pending issues: The meeting also noted with the utter disappointment that issues of Grant of Group “A” status to the Sr. Accounts officers, Grant of promotion to Senior Accountants as AAOs under 10% promotional Quota which has been discontinued since October 2015, grant of Revised Pay Scale of Rs. 5400 in PB2 (Pay level-9) to all A.A.Os with effect from 01-01-2006, protection against Cybercrime and regular training facilities for all categories of employees are not in the priority list of the Civil Accounts authorities.
The meeting therefore, has taken the following decisions
1. A protest resolution demanding settlement of all items shall be forwarded to the Secretary, Department of Expenditure and Controller General of Accounts.
2. If the facility of exemption is not allowed to the candidates concerned by the CGA the All India Civil Accounts Employees Association shall take the legal course of action immediately and forty percent of initial expenditure shall be borne by the Central Headquarters of the Association.
With warm greetings,
(A.B.Sunilkumar) (Amol V Sule) (V.Bhattacharjee)
Joint Convener, COC and Secretary General Joint Convener, COC and
Secretary General All India Civil Accounts Secretary General
All India Association of Pay Employees Association All India Civil Accounts