CO-ORDINATION COMMITTEE (COC)
CIVIL ACCOUNTS EMPLOYEES AND OFFICERS ASSOCIATIONS
National Federation of Civil Accounts Associations (NFCAA)
[All India Civil Accounts Employees Association]
[All India Civil Accounts Employees Association Category II]
Central Office: - Address for Communication:
Room No. 351, ‘B’ Wing, 17/2 – C, P & T Quarters,
Loknayak Bhawan, Kali Bari Marg,
Khan Market, New Delhi – 110003 New Delhi-110001
All India Association of Pay and Accounts Officers (Civil)
Central Headquarters: - Address for Communication:-
2/10 Jamnagar House, C/o Film Division,
New Delhi: - 110011 Ministry of Information and Broadcasting,
Phase –I Building 4th Floor, 24,
Dr. G. Deshmukh Marg,
No.COC/CA/2019/Corr- 10 Dated: 01.07.2019
Shri J.P.S. Chawla,
Additional Controller General of Accounts,
Ministry of Finance,
Department of Expenditure,
4th Floor, GPOA, Block-E, INA,
New Delhi – 110023
Subject: - 1st Cadre Review and 20 other long pending grievances of officers and employees of Civil Accounts Organization - reg.
The representatives of this Co-ordination Committee who had attended the meeting held with the official side of CGA office under your Chairpersonship on 24th June 2019 has reviewed the outcome and the status of the 21(twenty one) items preferred the by this Co-ordination Committee and discussed in the meetings held on 10th April and 24th June 2019 respectively. The meeting observed the following:-
1. Even after two and a half months of discussion of 13(thirteen) items on 10th April 2019, official side did not draft the minutes and while inquired about the same by the Chairman in the meeting on 24th June 2019, the official side could not answer any thing substantially. Non-issuing of minutes even after two and a half months after the meeting cannot be appreciable as the decisions of the meeting get lost and thereby dilute the whole exercise which is against the spirit of the JCM norm. In support of this claim of ours, we would like to bring it to your kind information that, in the 47th meeting of the National Council, JCM held on 13th April 2019, 36(thirty six) items had been discussed in addition to review of action taken on 9(nine) items discussed in the 46th Meeting and the final minutes had been issued by the DOPT on 13th June 2019 in spite of the fact that almost all Ministries and Departments of the Government of India are involved in the JCM related matters.
2. From the actions initiated against the agenda item No.1, it had been clearly indicating that the decisions given by the Chairman for merger of DEO Cadre with Accountant/ Sr. Accountants Cadre had been lost from the memory of the official side or not recoded properly. Instead, the illogical and irrational stand taken by the Internal Cadre Review Committee in respect of DEOs still prevails over the decision of the meeting. It is on record that the DEOs were initially recruited above the level of LDC, one of the DEOs was converted and Accountant in 2001, CGA had recommended to 6CPC for conversion of DEO as Accountant, they have been assigned the work of Accountant/ Senior Accountant from 2015 onwards and as per the Recruitment Rules prescribed by CGA in 2017 they are at par with the UDCs. But the official side vis-a-vis the Internal Cadre Review Committee does not agree to these facts and maintains that the DEOs were recruited as LDC which is untenable.
3. These apart, no action on any of the items discussed except the item No. 11 has been taken by the official side so far. Though it was specifically assured that the proposal for 1st cadre review for Group B & C cadres shall be forwarded to the Department of Expenditure within 30th April 2019, but while it was enquired by the Chairman responding to the request of Staff Side in the meeting on 24th June 19, the Official side did not clearly report about the reason for the delay in finalizing the item.
4. On the issue of AAO (Civil) Examination, though the All India Civil Accounts Employees Association, as per the desire of the Chairman of the meeting, has submitted a detailed letter on its views immediately after the meeting of 10th April 2019 on the basis of the feedback received from its members, but the official side has not so far settled the matter causing serious concern for the existing candidates and future candidates who are passing their days with worries and anxieties.
5. It is more than an established fact that the All India Civil Accounts Employees Association Category II which enjoys the confidence of more than 20% AAOs is the second major Association and by virtue of this, it is eligible for recognition in terms of the provisions of the CCS (RSA) Rules, 1993. But in spite of specific directive of the Chairman and the Joint CGA (Gr. B) in this regard, the official side is handling the issue very reluctantly.
6. In spite of the fact that the Cadre of Accountant/Senior Accountants which is the largest folk of the workforce and the heart line of the Civil Accounts organization, their grievances discussed in the meeting of 10th April 2019 in relation to their MACP up to the Grade Pay of Rs.5400/- in terms of the directive of CAT, Mumbai, promotion under 10% quota and adhoc promotions as AAOs have not been given any credence by the official side. As such, the Senior Accountants are continued to retire without having these legitimate benefits due to them.
7. Grant of Group A status to the Sr. AOs is overdue and their counterpart in C&AG has been extended the benefit. But no information has been provided by the official side about the status of the issue as a followup of the discussion in the meeting held on 10th April 2019.
8. In pursuance of the decision given in the meeting held on 10th April 2019, no dialogue on the most vital issue of Implementation of Transparent Transfer Policy In respect of Group “B” Officers was arranged by the official side within last two and a half months.
9. As assured and ordered by the Chairman in the meeting on 10th April 2019, the official side did not take any initiative for providing furniture to Central Office of AICAEA and furnished accommodation to AIAPAO (Civil).
Sir, the meeting of the representatives of the Co-ordination Committee was extremely disappointed to find that the official side is not giving any credibility to the meetings being held between the apex authorities of CGA Office and the apex level employees and officers’ organizations. No decisions of these apex level meetings and their effects are percolating down to the field level and on account of all these the Associations are confronting serious problems in facing their members. Not only this, such a condition is also creating an atmosphere for criticism against the apex authorities and restiveness among the members of the participating Associations, which we believe, is not correct because of the fact that it is not the apex authorities but the inaction and reluctance on the part of the official side of CGA office which are promoting the cause of vitiation of the atmosphere.
We, the undersigned have therefore been directed to seek the intervention of higher authorities. In view of the same we request you to kindly direct the official side to take expeditious actions on the matters discussed in the meetings held on 10th April and 24th June 2019 and resolve the grievances of the staff side expressed through this letter.
(A.B.Sunilkumar) (Amol V. Sule) (V.Bhattacharjee)
Joint Convener, COC and Secretary General Joint Convener, COC and
Secretary General All India Civil Accounts Secretary General
AllIndia Association of Pay Employees Association All India Civil Accounts
and Accounts Officers (Civil) Category II Employees Association