All India Civil Accounts Employees Association Category II
Central Office: ZAO, CBDT, Mumbai 2nd Floor, Aaykar Bhawan, M.K. Road, Churchgate, Mumbai – 400020
No. AICAEA CAT-II/HQ/MUM/2019-20 Date: 27.10.2019
Shri. J.P.S. Chawla,
Controller General of Accounts,
Ministry of Finance,
Department of Expenditure,
4th Floor, GPOA, E-Block, INA,
Sub:- Inter Ministry Transfer of AAOs
2) CGA Office OM No. A-22014/1/2018/MF.CGA/AAO/IMT/89 Dt.25/10/2019
3) CGA Office OM No. A-22014/1/2018/MF.CGA/AAO/IMT/90 Dt.25/10/2019
I have been directed to refer to the above and state that, our association had requested for timely rotational transfers of AAOs vide letter No. AICAEACAT-II/HQ/MUM/2018-19 Dt 12-10-2018 after which few transfer orders were issued and we had been given to understand that there shall be timely transfers. Inspite of the fact that the rotational transfers had been delaying for unknown reasons and few orders were issued at intervals, we continued to co-operate in appreciation of the constraint of the authorities.
But the Orders issued on 25th October 2019 by your office have astonished everyone as more than 400 AAOs transferred en-masse going against the view of implementing mutually agreed transparent transfer policy. After a careful study of these transfer orders the Association has made the following observations: -
1) The orders have been issued hastily without finalizing transparent transfer policy for Group B posts even though assurances were given on various occasions.
2) Few AAOs have been transferred just after completing normal tenure and at the same time many have overstayed before being transferred under current order violating existing transfer policy.
3) Surprisingly, why few were transferred out of station when no specific demand was made by them under orders of inter ministry transfers which would be evident from the fact that one of our National Executive Members has been transferred to outstation when there was no request from his side in this regard.
4) Convenience of family members of AAOs not taken into consideration while issuing these transfer orders as academic session is only completed 2/3
5) Few AAOs have been reposted rotationally in same Ministry for reasons best known to CGA office and it is a gross violation of the norm being followed by CGA office itself:
6) In few instances it is observed that those who have not cooperated as an association representing Gr.B Officers and openly criticized transfer policy were pacified with posting of the key office bearers of the Association in a particular Ministry which is evident from the fact that, one of the individuals transferred to Ministry of H&UA from CPAO, New Delhi under the said orders have started using the name of Ministry in the social media though he has not been relieved from his parent Ministry and yet to report for duty in the Ministry he has been transferred.
7) The rotational transfers have become a punishment for some of the individuals without any fault of them.
Since wide spread resentment has been generated on account of the above situations, this Association shall be grateful if you kindly intervene personally and direct your office to review all transfer orders issued on 25th October ,2019 so that the atmosphere of mutual trust and congeniality prevails.
(Amol V Sule)