(RECOGNIZED BY GOVT. OF INDIA)
Central Office: - Address for Communication:-
Room No. 351, ‘B’ Wing, 17/2 – C, P & T Quarters
Loknayak Bhawan, Kali Bari Marg
Khan Market, New Delhi – 110003 New Delhi-110001
No:- AICAEA/HQ/A-27/2020/1418-48 Dated: 26.06.2020
Smt. Soma Roy Burman,
Controller General of Accounts,
Department of Expenditure,
Ministry of Finance,
4th Floor, GPOA, Block-E, INA,
New Delhi – 110023
Subject:- Non-compliance of provisions CCS (RSA) Rule, 1993 and instructions of Controller General of Accounts with regard to the “check-off system” of deduction and remittance of Membership Subscription - request for settlement regarding.
Reference: Discussions in the officials’ meetings between the official side of CGA office and the representatives of the Associations and this Association’s letter No. AICAEA/HQ/A-2/2019/471 dated: 20.08.2019
I have been directed to refer to the above and draw you kind attention to following few lines for your kind and early favorable action please-
1. As per para 2.3 of the DOPT OM No:- 2/10/80-JCA dated 31.01.1994, the consent for deduction of membership subscription remain valid till altered or withdrawn and the revised option for deduction, if any, can be exercised only in the month of April each year to be effective from July of that year.
2. Apart from issuing various other OMs providing the guidelines for deduction and remittance of membership subscription to the service Associations, office of the Controller General of Accounts vide para OM No:- A-60015/1/98/MF.CGA(A)/ NGE/ Asso-Recog/ 226 dated 03.02.2000 has specifically directed all heads of the Civil Accounts Organizations that, in the event of transfer of officials from one office to another office, the particulars of deduction towards membership subscription are required to be mentioned in the LPC of the officials.
But it is very unfortunate to state that, none of the above guidelines or orders is being followed in the field formation of Civil Accounts Organization. We have several examples where
A.1. The DDOs are discontinuing the deduction of membership subscription of any of the Associations on their whims and fancies and that too without providing any information about the reasons for discontinuation of membership subscription by them neither to the deductees nor to the Association concerned despite the fact that it is one of the prime conditions for the DDOs to be followed with regard to the check-off system.
A.2. The DDOs are not initiating the deduction of subscription at all despite submission of membership forms by our Units or Branches duly filled by the employees and certified by the authorized signatory of the Association.
In some cases it has been noticed that, since a section of the DDOs do not have any knowledge about of the provisions of check-off system of CCS (RSA) Rules, 1993, or the related orders issued by the Government in this regard from time to time, they are performing as DDO without following all these orders of the Government which is serious lapse on the part of them.
But in a large number of cases we have observed that the DDOs are doing it intentionally. Our Branches and Units when inquire about these types of inactions, the DDOs either avoid replying or claim that the matter being their discretion they may stop the deduction of subscription or may not even initiate the deduction of subscription at all. Large sections of DDOs and majority of DDOs from Delhi in particular are maintaining such a type of approach. For your ready reference, we would like to bring some of the examples for your perusal.
B.1. The DDO of Chemical & Fertilizers, Delhi has told the members verbally that Controller General of Accounts has ordered to stop the deduction of subscription and hence he has stopped the deduction of subscription.
B.2. Despite an order of the Controller General of Accounts Office, the DDO of Pr. Chief Controller of Accounts, Central Board of Indirect Taxes & Customs, did never deduct the membership subscription under prescribed rates and discontinued deduction of membership subscription without any intimation to this Association.
B.3. The DDO of the Principal Accounts Office, Ministry of UD has reportedly told the members that, since the Association is not doing anything for its members and he stopped deduction and remittance of subscription.
B.4 In recent times we have submitted the letter of authorization forms to all offices of MHA, Delhi. But the DDOs are not deducting and remitting the membership subscription.
B.4. The DDO of Pay and Accounts Office BSF, Delhi has stopped deduction of subscription of the members abruptly without any intimation to this Association.
B.5. The DDO of the Ministry of Earth Sciences, New Delhi instead of adding the additional number deducted as per the forms submitted by us has stopped deduction of membership subscription even of those persons whose subscriptions were being deducted without any intimation to us.
These are only a few examples and not less than a hundred DDOs all over the country are performing in a similar manner. In the above cases, we have several times met the DDOs and personally requested them to kindly deduct and remit membership subscriptions to the Association. But, all went in vain.
C. Further, no DDO mentioned the deduction particular of the Association in the LPC of the Employees when they are transferred in spite of the fact that there is a standing instruction in this regard in terms of the OMs No:- A-60015/1/98/ MF.CGA(A)/NGE/Asso-Recog/226 dated 03.02.2000 and No:- A-60015/1/98/ MF.CGA(A)/NGE/Asso-Recog/Vol-III/1014 dated 16.05.2002 respectively issued by your office.
D. As per the OM No:- A-60015/1/98/MF.CGA(A)/NGE/Asso-Recog/786 dated 16.10.1999 of the office of the Controller General of Accounts, the Pr. AO being the “Nodal agency ” will consolidate the information received from all the DDOs in the Ministry/ Department and send a consolidated statement to the office of the Controller General of Accounts for perusing the matter further for Recognition of the Association under CCS (RSA) Rule, 1993. But we have observed that, the nodal agencies are neither issuing any instructions to DDOs to follow the system nor consolidating the reports at their level and forwarding those to the office of the Controller General of Accounts.
Above discussed activities on the part of the DDOs are interference /interruption into the internal functions of the service Associations, gross violation of CCS (RSA) Rules, 1993 and abuse of official position.
Further, above situations are having direct adverse effect in the function of the Association and it leads to shortage of membership in the verification of membership through check of system.
Therefore, I have been directed to request you the following:
1. Necessary instructions regarding deduction of membership subscription under CHECK-OFF SYSTEM may kindly be issued to the all concerned with endorsement of its copy to this Association for its reference and persuasion.
2. Proper training may be imparted to educate the DDOs about the CCS (RSA) Rules, 1993 and their practical applications by engaging experts in the field of Service Associations and well conversant about the provisions of CCS (RSA) Rules, 1993.
3. Appropriate disciplinary action in terms of CCS (conduct) Rules 1964 may be taken against the persons who do not carry out the instructions of the Government of India and other higher authorities on the subject matter.
4. Re-verification of membership of this Association may kindly be initiated only after completion of the actions requested in points 1 and 2 above.
(Krishna K. Yadav)
Copy for information and necessary action to:-
1. Secretary General, National Federation of Civil Accounts Associations (NFCAA), New Delhi.
2. Secretary General, All India Civil Accounts Employees Association Category II, Mumbai.
3. All National Executive Members of AICAEA.
4. All Branch Secretaries of AICAEA.
5. All Unit Secretaries through respective Branch Secretaries.