FEDERAL EXECUTIVE MEETING
As scheduled the Federal Executive meeting was held on 29th & 30th January 2010 in Delhi. Federal Executive members from different stations attended the meeting.
TRIBUTE TO COM. JYOTI BASU
Before entering into the business, the Federal Executive members held a condolence meeting to pay tribute to Com. Jyoti Basu who had expired on 17th January 2010.
Com. V.Bhattacharjee, Secretary General, Com. Subhendu Roy Choudhury, Asstt. Secretary General, AICAEA, Com. A. K. Mehta, Vice President, AICAEA, Com. M. S. Bharne, Vice President, and Com. T. R. Janardanan, President spoke in this occasion.
The meeting passed a condolence resolution and decided to forward it to all concern. The meeting also observed two minutes silence to pay respect to Com. Jyoti Basu, the great leader of the country (Resolution shall be published in the Accounts Crusader of February 2010).
CONDOLENCE ON DEMISE OF COM. JAYSEELAN
It was reported in the meeting on 30th January 2010 that, Com. Jayseelan, Secretary of Tamilnadu State Confederation and General Secretary of Foreign Trade Employees Association, Southern Region passed away after prolonged illness for six months.
The meeting observed two minuets silence to offer respect to Com. Jayseelan.
REVIEW OF DECISIONS
Before taking up fresh items of agenda, the meeting reviewed the decisions taken by the Federal Executive meeting held on 13th & 14th November 2009. While reviewing, the meeting observed the following -
1. As per the decision of earlier meeting, campaign tour for the industrial action in the month of February 2010 in support of Departmental Demands had started. However, it did not pick up the tempo due to the subsequent decision of united Industrial action in the month of March 2010 by the apex level Joint Committee (JAC) of Accounts and Audit Officers and Employees Organization. Com. V.Bhattacharjee, Secretary General visited Kolkata and Guwahati during December, 2009 & 1st week of January, 2010. Com. T. R. Janardanan, President, Com. M. P. Pandit, Secretary General, AICAEA Cat – II and Com. K. Venkatasubramanian, Asstt. Secretary General, AICAEA visited Chennai and Pondicherry. Com. A. B. Sunil Kumar, Addl. Secy. Genl. and Com. R. K. Chourasia, Addl. Secretary General, AICAEA visited Pune. Com. S. P. Roy, Vice President alongwith Com. R. N. Mukharjee, Auditor, AICAEA Cat – II visited Patna. Com. S. R. Choudhury and Com. S. Bhattacharjee Asstt. Secy. Genl. of AICAEA visited Bhubaneswar. Com. A. K. Chawla, Asstt. Secretary General, AICAEA fixed to visit Chandigarh on 1st & 2nd February 2010. As per the verbal visit reports received, members of major stations has agreed to participate in the Industrial action.
2. Task of visiting the units by Delhi Branch was not initiated by the Branch.
3. No Branch has made the reporting on the preparation for Industrial action in the prescribed proforma.
4. Since some of the Branches are not taking cognizance of the directions of their respective Central headquarters, membership subscription has been reducing progressively.
5. As per the direction, the Branch Secretary AICAEA, Bihar Branch has been in the job of publishing the souvenir of 3rd Federal Council meeting held at Patna in January 2008.
6. Branches of N.E. are preparing to host 4th Federal Council meeting and Central Working Committee meeting of affiliates of Federation at Shillong in May 2010.
7. Units/Branches of Orissa, Jharkhand, Bihar, Chattisgarh, Madhya Pradesh, Punjub, Rajasthan, Haryana, Delhi, Uttaranchal, Uttarpradesh, and Gujrat are yet to open up their account in the matter of remittance of 1% of the arrear on 6CPC.
8. DEOs of Bhubeneswar, Belgaum, Chandigarh, Cochin, Goa, Hyderabad, Meerut, Nagpur, Patna, Pune, Rajkot, Vadadara and Trivandram have not paid court case fund of Rs:-2000/ (Rupees two thousand) only. 7. eral Council meeting at Shillong by May 2010.
9. Civil Accounts Employees had participated in the call of Human Chain on 25th November 2009 given by the Confederation.
10. As per the decision, four Councilors attended the 23rd National Conference of the Confederation held at Delhi from 4th to 6th December 2009. Secretary General being the Secretary of the COC Delhi was the Convener of the Reception Committee for the Conference.
DECISIONS OF FEDERAL EXECUTIVE MEETING
INDUSTRIAL ACTION UNDER JAC.
The meeting reviewed the success of the call of the programme of Demands Day on 21/01/2010. This programme was issued by apex JAC as a part of the preparatory action for Industrial action.
It was reported in the meeting that, major Branches like Mumbai, Chennai and Kolkata (observed on 25th Janaury2010) observed the programme. There is also report of observance of programme by Pune Branch and CBEC, Allahabad Unit. The Federal Executive meeting could not appreciate such type of inertness shown by some the Branches of AICAEA and AICAEA CAT II.
Though, majority of the Federal Executive members were of the opinion that the major reason for the weakness in the movement of Accounts and Audit Employees is non- functioning or non- existence of local JACs at different stations which needs to be seriously considered by apex JAC and take appropriate action, but they could not also agree that, it could be a valid ground for the Branches of Civil Accounts to fail in implementing the programme.
The meeting was however, unanimous in opinion that, to achieve the demands, the Accounts and Audit Employees and Offices of Accounts and Audit Departments should resort to united Industrial action under the leadership of apex JAC. The meeting took following decisions:-
1. In order to remove the inherent weakness of NFCAA
@ Demands Day shall be observed by the Branches of AICAEA and AICAEA CAT II on 18th February 2010 by organizing Centralized lunch Hour demonstration at every station and submitting the Charter of demands to Sr. most officer of the station.
(b) Extensive tour shall be under taken by the Federal Executive members for the purpose of mobilization of members. Secretary Generals of AICAEA & AICAEA Cat – II shall draw up the tour programme by consulting each other.
2. It shall be suggested by NFCAA in the apex JAC meeting to be held on 1st February 2009 at Jaipur to give call for mass casual leave on 18th March 2010. All Chief functionaries of NFCAA and its affiliate shall attend the apex JAC meeting at Jaipur.
IMPLEMENTATION OF CONFEDERATIONS DECISIONS
Since there is no call for action programme from Confederation, the meeting has directed Central Headquarter and Branches to carry out other decisions of the National Executive meeting of Confederation held on 18th January 2010.
a) Membership Subscription
Since a large number of DDOs are not deducting & remitting the membership subscription and many of them are yet deducting subscription @ Rs: - 10/- per member per month (in respect of AICAEA), the meeting once again directed the Branches to take proper initiative in this matter. The Branch Secretaries have been further directed to take followup actions as soon as they receive the copy of the letter addressed to the DDOs by the Central headquarter on discrepancy and shortcomings in the process of remittance of subscription and send compliance report of their action to Central headquarter within a fortnight of receipt of the letter.
b) Remittance of 1% of 6 CPC arrear
Since there is no justification of keeping the process of collection of 1 % of the 6 CPC arrear pending by the Branches, all Branches and Units have been directed by the meeting to remit the outstanding amount due against 1% of the 6 CPC arrear within 15- 03-2010 without fail and send full details of the collection.
c) DEO Court case fund
The meeting of the Federal Executive once again appealed upon the defaulting DEOs to appreciate the effort of organization in resolving their long pending problem in relation to their pay Scale and respond positively to the appeal of the organization by remitting the due to contribution to the organization voluntarily so that, organization do not suffer financially. The meeting also directed the Branch and Unit Secretaries concerned to play their due role in this matter without keeping it pending for more years.
d) Releasing of Souvenir of 3rd Federal Council meeting
The meeting had appreciated the initiative now taken by Com. Sunil Karna, Branch Secretary, All India Civil Accounts Employees Association, Bihar Branch towards releasing of commemorative souvenir of 3rd Federal Council meeting held at Patna in January 2008.
After examining the specimen of the souvenir brought by Com. Karna, the meeting decided that, Com. Karna shall make certain modifications in the souvenir and it shall be officially released in a function at Patna in the month of February 2010. Com. M. S. Bharne, Vice President and Com. M. P. Pandit, Secretary General, AICAEA CAT II shall attend the function of releasing of souvenir. Further, the receipt and payment Accounts of 3rd Federal Council meeting shall be submitted to Federation headquarter within 15th March 2010 by Bihar Branch.
e) 4th Federal Council meeting
The 4th Federal Council meeting and Central Working Committee meetings of AICAEA & AICAEA Cat – II shall be held at Shillong within the month of May 2010 positively. Branches of North East should start preparation immediately. In order to speed up preparatory activities, Secretary General shall visit Shillong as early as possible.
f) Recognition of AICAEA Cat – II
The meeting expressed serious Concern over the non –granting of recognition to AICAEA Cat – II. The meeting observed that, despite submitting requisite number of membership forms for recognition to the Association under CCS (RSA), Rules 1993, the CGA authorities have not been extending recognition to the Association purposely and motivatedly.
Considering such a situation, the meeting appealed upon the AAOs in particular to ensure deduction of their monthly subscription through check off system without fail.
DECISIONS ON IMPORTANT ISSUES
Federal Executive meeting discussed following important issues raised by different Federal Executive members and took decisions against those.
Vacation of vindictive action in PAO, Civil Aviation, Chennai
Since the issue is pending, SG. shall meet and discuss the authorities of Civil Aviation, New Delhi.
Grant of MACP benefits to DEOs of CBEC
Central HQ of AICAEA shall takeup the matter with Pr. CCA, CBEC
Implementation MACP for all AAOs
Since many AAOs have not been granted benefit of MACPs by CGA for non-availability of CRs, Secy. Genl. AICAEA Cat– II shall write letter immediately to CGA demanding immediate settlement of the issue.
Pendency of MACP cases in Min. of Commerce and Finance
Secy. Genl. AICAEA shall takeup with the concerned authorities if detailed information are received from Branches
Problem arisen due to withdrawal powers of CCA, CBEC, Chennai
Shall be take up by Secy. Genl., NFCAA on receipt of the detailed note on the subject matter from Mumbai/ Nagpur/ T&P/Kerala/Pune/ Andhra Pradesh/ Karnataka Branch
Harassment to employees of PAO AIR,Lucknow by local administration
Matter is already under persuasion.
Problem of writing of CRs in PAO AIR negative activity of G. M. Prasar Bharati
Branches may furnish details for discussion with authority.
Multifarious problems in PAO, AIR, Mumbai
Matter under persuasion with the CCA, I&B. Formal meeting shall be sought.