JOINT ACTION COMMITTEE OF
ACCOUNTS & AUDIT EMPLOYEES & OFFICERSORGANISATIONS
17/2 – C, P & T Quarters, Kali Bari Marg, New Delhi: - 110001
No: JAC/ Circular-01/2014 Date: 14th January 2014
Chief Executive of Constituent Organizations
and Conveners, local JACs,
Wishes you and all members
A Happy & Prosperous New Year!
JOINT MEETING OF NATIONAL EXECUTIVES CALLS FOR
· DHARNA BY EXECUTIVE COMMITTEE ON 29TH JAN ‘14
· JOINT DHARNA IN THE 3RD WEEK OF MARCH ‘2014
· SIGNATURE CAMPAIGN IN APRIL/MAY ‘14
· NATIONAL CONVENTION IN JUNE/JULY 2014
The joint meeting of the National Executives of All India Audit & Accounts Association, All India Civil Accounts Employees Association, All India Civil Accounts Employees Associations Category II, All India Postal Accounts Employees Association and All India Defence Accounts Employees Association met on 11th January 2014 at New Delhi. Majority of the National Executive members from different constituents attended the meeting ignoring the chilly cold condition of city of Delhi. The meeting was presided over by Com MS Raja, Chairman, Apex JAC. Com SK Vyas was present throughout. All India Audit & Accounts Officers Association had intimated about its inability to attend the meeting. It assured of total commitment the decisions taken.
The meeting was convened to decide on the future course of action in pursuance of the charter of demands that was finalised by the apex JAC on 27th November 2013.
As per reporting made in the meeting, very few stations have implemented the decision to hold demonstration demanding settlement of charter of demands on 20th December 2013. Some stations like Mumbai and Hyderabad. Hyderabad implemented the call but on a different date due to situations prevailing at the station.
The deliberations made it clear that the JAC has ceased to function at the field level affecting the effective implementation of the call of apex JAC. It was hence decided that the leaders of the constituent organisations during their visit to different stations would make it a point to have the meeting of the constituents of the JAC at the station and help revive the local JAC.
The meeting endorsed the Charter of Demands modified and finalised by the apex JAC in its meeting on 27th November 2013 and decided to mobilise the rank and file on the charter of demands. The forthcoming elections shall not be a hindrance in our efforts to galvanise the membership through various agitational programmes. The government is only prohibited from taking policy decisions during the election time. What we are demanding is the implementation of court decisions and policy decisions that were taken in the past.
The meeting also endorsed the 48 hours strike call on 12th and 13th February 2014 given by the Confederation of Central Government Employees & Workers’ in support of its 15 point Charter of Demands and appealed upon the Accounts and Audit Employees and Officers of the country to participate and make the strike a stupendous success.
The meeting therefore decided that:
- The charter of demands of the apex JAC shall be annexed as PART – II CHARTER OF DEMANDS by the constituents of apex JAC and its Units and Branches while serving the Strike Notice on 21st January 2014 (as per the decision of the Confederation) by them to their departmental authorities (text being circulated).
- All the constituents and its units/branches shall independently hold one day dharna by the executive committee on 29th January 2014. The meeting shall adopt a resolution during the lunch hour meeting and handover the same to the head of the department/office for onward transmission to the Prime Minister.
- Joint Dharna by all the constituents of the station in the 2nd or 3rd week of March 2014. (Date shall be communicated later)
- Massive signature campaign would be held during April/March (the format for signature campaign would be circulated later)
- National Convention would be held in June/July at New Delhi
Charter of Demands adopted by the meeting is given below.
1. Pay arrears of Pay from 1st Jan 1996 to 18th Feb 2003 as directed by Courts to audit & accounts cadres.
2. i) Upgrade LDC as Audit/Accounts Assistant and merge Auditor/Accountant and SA
ii) Grant the following pay scales to Audit & Accounts Cadres
Audit/Accounts Asstt - GP 2400. PB 1
SA - GP 4600, PB2
AAO - GP 5400, PB2
AO - GP 6600, PB3
SAO - GP 7600, PB4
iii) Grant ACP on departmental hierarchy basis
iv) Grant one increment and Grade pay of Rs: - 5400 from the day of passing AAO/SOG examination
v) Grant three increments on passing departmental confirmatory examination.
3. Implement Arbitration Award
The meeting further decided to contact AIRF and NFIR leadership so as to involve Railway Accounts employees.
All the constituent organisations are requested to circulate these decisions to their field formations and ensure the total involvement of their local leadership in each station in reviving the local JAC as well as in implementing the above decisions.
All the constituents are further requested to endorse a copy of their circular to apex JAC HQr. for information.