A.I.C.A.E.A LETTER TO C.G.A. ON DISPARITY IN PAY FIXATION
(RECOGNIZED BY GOVT. OF INDIA)
Central Office: - Address for Communication:-
16-A, Akbar Road Hutments, 17/2 – C, P & T Quarters,
New Delhi: - 110011 Kali Bari Marg,
No:- AICAEA/HQ/A-2/2017/1-5 Dated: 03.01.2017
The Controller General of Accounts,
Ministry of Finance,
Department of Expenditure,
4th Floor, GPOA, Block-E, INA,
New Delhi – 110023
Subject: - Implementation of 7 CPC recommendations - disparity in Pay Fixation of the employees of Civil Accounts Organization.
I would like to refer to the subject mentioned above and draw your kind attention to the following few lines:-
1. As per the routine procedure, the office of the Controller General of Accounts had ordered for upgradation of Accountants as Senior Accountants with effect from 01.04. 2016 who had completed 3 years service on 01.01.2016.
2. As per the point No. 5 (Drawl of Pay in the revised pay structure) para 3 of the Part .II Sec – 3 (1) of Extraordinary Gazette of the Government of India-
“……….in cases where a Government servant has been placed in a higher grade pay or scale between 1st Day of January 2016 and the date of notification of these rules on account of promotion or upgradation, the Government servant may elect to switch over to the revised pay structure from the date of such promotion or upgradation, as the case may be.”
3. According to the clarifications given by the Implementation Cell, Department of Expenditure vide OM. No. 1-16/2016-IC (Pt) dated 29th September, 2016, the employees are allowed to opt for their pay fixation from the date promotion/financial up-gradation under MACPS between the period of 01.01.2016 and date of notification of CCS (RP) Rules 2016.
In terms of the Gazette notification and orders of Government of India indicated in Sl. No. 2 & 3 above, the Accountants who were upgraded as Senior Accountant on 01.04.2016 had opted for fixation of their revised pay( after implementation of 7CPC Recommendations) from the date of their upgradation instead of from 01-01-2016.
But, it has been brought to our notice by our Branches and Units that, while some of the Civil Accounts authorities have accepted the options and allowed the afore mentioned categories of Senior Accountants to get their pay fixation benefit of revised pay with effect from the dates of their upgradations, some are not allowing the said benefit to their employees.
Since this has created an anomalous situation, we request to kindly issue an order in conformity with the contention of the above referred Gazette Notification and clarification issued by the Implementation Cell so that pay fixation cases are done uniformly by all authorities of Civil Accounts Organization and there is no disparity.
This Association will be highly thankful if an early favourable action is taken in this regard.
1. All National Executive members.
2. Branch Secretaries for necessary action.
3. Secretary General, AICAEA, Cat-II
4. Secretary General, AIAPAO(Civil)