DECISIONS OF NATIONAL WOMEN COMMITTEE MEETING OF NFCAA HELD ON 19.7.2017
The meeting of All India National Women Committee was held on 19.7.2017 in Kolkata. Comrade (Smt.) Laxmi Swaminathan, Chairperson presided over the meeting. Comrade (Smt.) Barnali Dalui, Convener, Comrade (Smt.) Priyanka Ghosh, Joint Convener, Comrade Shantanu Bhattacharya, President, AICAEA, Comrade V. Bhattacharya, Secretary General, NFCAA, Comrade Subhendu Roy Chodhury, Joint Secretary General and Com Arijit Lahiri, Asstt. Secretary General, AICAEA, Comrade Chinmay Mukhapadhyay, Vice President, Com. Debraj Singha Roy, Secretary General, AICAEA CATII, Comrade Pranab Acharya, Branch Secretary, West Bengal Branch were present in the meeting. Comrade (Smt.) Kamalesh Kumari, Delhi Comrade (Smt.) S. Shanti, Madurai attended that meeting.
The following issues were discussed on the meeting,
1. How to activate more Women in organisational work.
2. Review of the Committee's work for the last two years.
3. How to increase women participants in the forthcoming Kochi All India Conference.
Many suggestions came from all Comrades attending the meeting.
In view of the suggestions given by the participants of the meeting following decisions have been taken.-
1. Increased participation of women in the 7th National Convention at Kochi on 11th October 2017 should be afforded. Women members from the stations like Chennai and Bangalore, Hyderabad, Maharashtra and Kerala should take part in large numbers. West Bengal should pioneer the movement.
2. Focusing more on social networking via Whatsapp and other social networking apps for success of Kochi Conference and Women Convention should be done by the Women Committee.
3. Formation of Branch level Women Committee should be undertaken on priority basis.
4. Frequency of women committee meeting must be increased in future and it should be held in different parts of India to mobilise other women.
5. Young comrades should be encouraged and brought in the organization sharing of responsibilities at different levels of the organization as the demands like scrapping of NPS and regulation of Child care leave in a proper manner etc, are the main demands among 20 point Charter of Demands of Confederation.
The meeting ended with vote of thanks to the chair.