Correspondence with authorities by AICAEA
All India Civil Accounts Employees Association
Central Office: - Address for Communication:-
16-A, Akbar Road Hutments, 17/2 – C, P & T Quarters,
New Delhi: - 110011 Kali Bari Marg,
No:- AICAEA/HQ/A-2/2017/1217 Dated: 15.12.2017
Shri Anthony Lianzuala,
Controller General of Accounts,
Ministry of Finance,
Department of Expenditure,
4th Floor, GPOA, Block-E, INA,
New Delhi – 110023
Subject:- Counting of Service for grant of 2nd ACP to Senior Accountants of CCAS cadre appointed as Accountant on the basis of Limited Departmental Competitive Examination.
Ref:- Annexure to your office letter No:- A-11019/25/2017/MF.CGA (A)/AICAEA-HQ/429 dated 06.11.2017.
I am directed to refer to the above and draw your kind attention to the following few lines on the matter of grant of IInd financial upgradation under ACPs to those who were appointed as Junior Accountants on the basis of the results of Departmental Competitive Examination conducted by the SSC during the years 1981 & 1982-
1. Departmental Competitive Examinations for the posts of Junior Accountants (now Accountants) were conducted by the Staff Selection Commission during the year 1981 & 1982. The examination was conducted against direct recruitment quota of different departments of Civil Accounts Organization and some of the LDCS had qualified the examination and appointed as Junior Accountants in different Departments of Civil Accounts Organization. Therefore, they are to be equated with the Junior Accountants who were directly recruited through the examination conducted by the Staff Selection Commission for recruitment to the post of Junior Accountant as the standard and method of both the examinations were similar at that point of time.
2. Clarification No. 8 of the DOPT O.M. No. 35034/1/97/Estt. (D) Vol-IV dated 10th February 2000 states that, if relevant Recruitment Rules provide for filling up of vacancies by direct recruitment, induction of a person from lower grade in the next grade through Limited Departmental Competitive examination may be treated as direct recruitment for the purpose of ACPs. In such cases, service rendered in a lower pay scale shall not be counted for the purpose of benefit under ACPs.
3. The CCAs (Group – C) Recruitment Rules provides for filling up of vacancies in the grade of Accountant through direct recruitment and it fulfills the requirements stated in the clarification No. 8 of the DOPT O.M. No. 35034/1/97/Estt. (D) Vol – IV dated 10th February 2000.
4. The scheme of granting ACP was introduced in the year 1998-1999. The officials who had qualified the departmental competitive examination prior to the issuance of the DOPT orders should in no way be deprived of this benefit. In fact, the clarification was specifically meant for such officials only.
5. The benefit of the scheme has already been implemented in CGA’s organizations itself. Examples are as below:-
i) CBEC: - Pr. CCA, CBEC, New Delhi vide order No. Admn.1 (17) 9/ACP Scheme/770 office order No. 164 dated 14.08.2007 granted II financial upgradation with effect from 01.04.2007 to Shri A.J. Kulkarni (PAO, CEX, Pune). He had qualified the departmental competitive examination conducted by the SSC in the year 1981 (copies of relevant documents enclosed).
ii) CBDT: - Pr. CBDT, New Delhi office order No. Admn.ii/5-23/ACP/Sr.Acctt/2005-06/486 dated 16/23.03.2007 granted IInd financial upgradation with effect from 06/08.07.2007 to Shri S.N. Kaulgud, ZAO, CBDT, Pune. He had qualified the departmental competitive examination conducted by the SSC in the year 1982. Incidentally, it may be placed for your information and record that Shri S.N. Kaulgud of PAO, CBDT (Roll No – 018 rank No.-11) was granted 2nd ACP but Shri Subhash Chander Bamrara (Roll No. 010 rank No.-6) at present working under CCA, Ministry of External Affairs, New Delhi has been deprived of the same benefit while both of them had qualified the same examination in the year 1982 (copies of relevant documents enclosed).
iii) Min. of Home Affairs: - Though there is no specific example readily available with us, but many employees of Ministry of Home Affairs were also extended the said benefit by the then Heads of The Departments.
Decisions by all the heads of the Departments had been taken with the concurrence of the Controller General of Account. There may be many others who might have been accorded the benefit of 2nd ACP and as on record only a handful of employees have been kept out of the benefit at present.
Therefore, on behalf of this Association, request you to kindly take a favorable decision of extending the benefit to the left out and deprived section of employees as an onetime measure so that they could be able to get rid of the feelings of discrimination they have been suffering from due to non-receipt of their legitimately due benefit on par with their batch mates.
For a kind and early favorable decision of yours, this Association shall be highly thankful to you.
Enclo: - as stated above