(RECOGNIZED BY GOVT. OF INDIA)
Central Office: - Address for Communication:-
Room No. 351, ‘B’ Wing, 17/2 – C, P & T Quarters,
Loknayak Bhawan, Kali Bari Marg,
Khan Market, New Delhi – 110003 New Delhi-110001
No:- AICAEA/HQ/A-2/2018/406-407 Dated: 10.09.2018
Shri Anthony Lianzuala,
Controller General of Accounts,
Ministry of Finance,
Department of Expenditure,
4th Floor, GPOA, Block-E, INA,
New Delhi – 110023
Subject: - Promotion of eligible Senior Accountants as Assistant Accounts Officers under 10% promotion quota.
I have been directed to refer the subject mentioned above and draw your kind attention to the following few lines for your kind perusal and favorable action:-
1. In persuasion of Ministry of Finance, Government of India Notification dated 29.08.2018, the office of the Controller General of Accounts vide para 2 of the O.M. No:-A-60015/1/2008/MF.CGA (A)/NGE/Pay Com/29 dated 2nd June 2009 had conveyed the following decisions-
(a) The cadre of Junior Accounts Officer and Assistant Accounts Officer would be re-designated as Assistant Accounts Officer and classified as Group “B” Gazetted.
(b) Till such time, the new Recruitment Rules are framed, the promotions to the new cadre of AAO would be made in terms of existing RRs of JAO cadre.
2. As per (i) & (ii) of colum 12 of the Central Civil Accounts Service (Junior Accounts Officer and Assistant Accounts Officer) Recruitment Rules, 2000 placed in the website of the Controller General of Accounts, Ministry of Finance, Department of Expenditure-
(i) 90% posts in the grade of Junior Accounts Officer shall be filled by promotion on seniority- cum-fitness from a common seniority list to be drawn up and maintained by the Controller General of Accounts of persons who have passed Junior Accounts Officers (Civil) Examination,
(ii) 10% of posts in the grade of Junior Accounts Officer shall be filled up by promotion from common seniority list to be drawn up and maintained by Controller General of Accounts of senior Accounts who have rendered not less than 10 years service in the grade on selection-cum-seniority and who have crossed the age of 53 years as on 1st January of the year.
3. In persuasion of the decisions conveyed through the O.M. number referred in point 1 above, your office had granted promotions to the grade of Assistant Accounts Officer to the eligible persons till November 2014 in application of the provisions laid down in (1) & (2) of the colum 12 of Central Civil Accounts Service (Junior Accounts Officer and Assistant Accounts Officer) Recruitment Rules, 2000 stated in the point No. 2 of this letter.
4. From December 2014 onwards, your office has stopped granting promotions to the eligible persons in application of the provisions (2) of column 12 of Central Civil Accounts Service (Junior Accounts Officer and Assistant Accounts Officer) Recruitment Rules, 2000.
5. This Association was however, given to understand by your office vide letter dated 26.10.2015 that, in order to recognize the services being rendered by the Senior Accountants and to ensure continuation of their career advancements, a separate method for promotion of Senior Accountants shall be adopted by your office through issuing of Notifications of Recruitment Rules for Supervisor (Accounts) and AAOs simultaneously. But it is three years now, your office has not even circulated the draft Recruitments Rules for Supervisor (Accounts).
Due to above narrated situations, hundreds of eligible Senior Accountants have not got the due benefit of promotions as Assistant Accounts Officers from December 2014 onwards and many of the Senior Accountants have even retired from service while nearly 50% (fifty percent) posts of Assistant Accounts Officers in the Civil Accounts Organization are lying vacant for last four years and the senior most Senior Accountants working in the field formations are shouldering the additional work loads of vacant posts of Assistant Accounts Officers.
Under the above circumstances and in pursuance of the point No. 3 of our letter No. AICAEA-AICAEACATII/HQ/A-2/2018/156 dated 9th May 2018, we would like to request you the following-
1. Since neither the Central Civil Accounts Service (Junior Accounts Officers and Asstt. Accounts Officers) Recruitment Rules, 2000 has been amended nor the Recruitment Rules for Supervisor (Accounts) has been framed for last three years and the Senior Accountants eligible for promotions as Assistant Accounts Officers under 10% promotion quota as par the provisions of the Central Civil Accounts Service (Junior Accounts Officers and Asstt. Accounts Officers) Recruitment Rules, 2000 were not granted promotion as Assistant Accounts Officers despite existence of vacancies under the specified promotion quota, all of them may kindly be granted promotion as Assistant Accounts Officers immediately.
2. The process of granting promotion to Senior Accountants as Assistant Accounts Officers under the 10% promotion quota may be continued till the Recruitment Rules for Supervisor (Accounts) is framed and implemented so that the promotions of the Senior Accountants are not stalled abruptly.
This Association shall be extremely thankful to you, if you kindly appreciate the sufferings of the Senior Accountants in the shape of both financial loss as well as social degradation, and provide them justice by taking early favorable actions on the requests made through this letter.
Copy to the Secretary, Department of Expenditure, Ministry of Finance Government of India, 129-A, North Block, New Delhi – 110001 for kind information and necessary action.