CIVIL ACCOUNTS EMPLOYEES AND OFFICERS ASSOCIATIONS
[All India Civil Accounts Employees Association]
[All India Civil Accounts Employees Association Category II]
Represented as NFCAA
[All India Association of Pay and Accounts Officers (Civil)]
No.COC/CA/2015/Circular-7 dated 30-09-2015
The National Executive/ Federal Executive members/ Branch Secretaries
of NFCAA and AIAPAO(C)
As scheduled, the apex level Co-ordination Committee met on 23rd September, 2015 in Gharwal Bhawan, New Delhi. Federal Executive members of National Federation of Civil Accounts Associations (NFCAA), National Executive members of All India Association of Pay and Accounts Officer (Civil) i.e. AIAPAO (Civil) and Branch Secretaries of different Branches from various parts of the country attended the meeting.
The meeting was jointly presided over by Com. S.S. Chauhan, President, AIAPAO (Civil) and Chairperson and Com. G.K. Nair, President, NFCAA and Chairperson.
At the very outset, the meeting congratulated all those Branches which have formed the Co-ordination Committees and implemented the joint day long Dharna on 10th September 2015. Dharna was held in Delhi, Mumbai, Chennai, Cochin, Hyderabad, Kolkata and Shillong.
It was also reported in the meeting that Branch level Co-ordination Committees have been formed in West Bengal, Kerala, Delhi, Tamilnadu and Mumbai. The meeting therefore, appealed upon the rest of the Branches to form Co-ordination Committees immediately and implement the future action programmes effectively so that the authorities come under severe pressure and the demand of Cadre Review and other demands get settled at the earliest.
The meeting thereafter deliberated on the letter dated 11.09.2015 issued by the office of CGA to the All India Civil Accounts Employees Association explaining the status of the demands raised by the Co-ordination Committee as a whole. As the Co-ordination Committee and its constituents have been ignored by CGA, the meeting failed to appreciate such an action of CGA. The meeting also noted that, the authorities have neither done the cadre review of Gr. B&C employees after 1987 nor taken any significant step for the settlement of the demand of cadre review of Gr. B&C cadres while they have done the 5th Cadre Review of ICAS of Civil Accounts Organization ignoring the standing instructions of DOPT and implemented it. Further, the Controller General of Accounts is not appreciating the fact that the transfer policy of Gr-B officers of Civil Accounts Organization embraces the totality of the Group B&C employees and hence, he has not taken any formal action of taking all Employees and officers Associations in to confidence. The meeting therefore, adopted a protest resolution against the apathetic attitude of CGA and demanded settlement of the issues amicably. Further the meeting took following decisions-
MASSIVE DEMONSTRATION ON 14.10.2015
A massive lunch hour demonstration shall be organized by all Branch level Co-ordination Committees on 14th October, 2015 in a centralized place with the view to prepare the members for sustained and intensified organization actions. A Resolution shall be adopted and forwarded to CGA from this meeting.
In order to gear up the tempo and make the programme a stupendous success, Branch level Co-ordination Committees are to take following actions:-
1. Educate and mobilize the Members about the demands.
2. Hold joint floor/ group meetings in all offices.
3. Print Handbills/ leaflets and distribute those among the members.
4. Send detailed report to the headquarters of NFCAA and AIAPAO (Civil) immediately after implementation of the programme.
HALF DAY WALK OUT ON 18TH NOVEMBER 2015
If no settlement in there even after holding massive demonstration, entirety of officers and employees shall stage half day walk out on 18th November, 2015. All members are to be prepared accordingly.
VISIT TO STATIONS
Immediately after Dussera, the representatives of the Co-ordination Committee shall visit various stations. A joint tour programme shall be drawn up and all stations shall be visited accordingly.
With aforementioned decisions the meeting was concluded by the presidium.
With warm greetings
Secretary General Secretary General
AICAEA & Jt. Convener AIAPAO(C)&Jt. Convener
COPY OF THE RESOLUTION ADOPTED IN THE MEETING OF THE APEX LEVEL CO-ORDINATION COMMITTEE HELD ON 23RD SEPTEMBER 2015
This meeting of the Co-ordination Committee of the Civil Accounts Employees and Officers Associations held in Delhi on 23rd September, 2015 under took a review of its demands of – 1. Cadre Review of Gr. B & C Employees, 2. Filling up of vacant posts and 3. Adoption of a mutually agreed transfer policy. In fact the Co-ordination Committee had requested the Controller General of Accounts to kindly negotiate with the representatives of the Co-ordination Committee which represents All India Civil Accounts Employees Association, All India Civil Accounts Employees Association Category – II and All India Association of Pay and Accounts Officer (Civil) and settle above discussed demands at an early date. But the Controller General of Accounts has preferred to ignore the request of the Co-ordination Committee.
However, the Controller General of Accounts vide his office letter dated 11.09.2015 conveyed to the All India Civil Accounts Employees Association that-
The proposal for Cadre Review of Gr. B&C Cadres interalia recommending higher pay in each grade was sent to department of expenditure by the Controller General of Accounts. But the Department of Expenditure has drawn the attention of Controller General of Accounts to the instruction contained in its OMs. Dated 7.1.1999 and 29th October 2014 and directed the office of Controller General of Accounts review its proposal. The Department of Expenditure further informed Controller General of Accounts that the revision of Pay in respect of Civil Accounts Employees will not be done in isolation and the same shall be viewed and examined in the larger context of organized accounts services as a whole. Therefore, the matter will be examined by the Department of Expenditure, Ministry of Finance, in a holistic manner keeping in view the recommendations of 7th Pay Commission as well.
Responding to the demand of filling up of vacant post, the Controller General of Accounts informed the All India Civil Accounts Employees Association that 800 dossiers for Accountants obtained from SSC have been sent to field offices for filling up of vacant posts.
In respect of Transfer policy the Controller General conveyed that the draft transfer policy shall be made available in the website for comments by all.
The meeting of the co-ordination committee deliberated on the contents of the above letter of the office of the Controller General of Accounts and noted the following:-
1. The Ministry of Finance vide its OM dated 7.1.1999 had lifted the ban on cadre review/cadre restructuring and hence it vindicates the justification of the demand of Cadre Review in Civil Accounts which was not done within last 28 years after 1987.
2. The OM. Dated 29th October, 2014 of Ministry of Finance has dealt with expenditure management – Economy measure and rationalization of expenditure. Through the OM specific direction for cut in non-plan expenditure seminars and conferences, purchase of vehicles, domestic and international travel and creation of posts etc were given, but no restriction on cadre review and cadre restructuring was imposed. As such, contents of this OM of Department of Expenditure do not enforce any embargo in under taking cadre review.
3. Cadre Review in majority of the Central Government Departments including Department of Post, CBDT and CBEC etc have been undertaken and implemented. CBEC & CBDT are the two wings of the Department of Revenue and inspite of the fact that the cadre structures of both the organizations are analogous, the cadre review in these organizations have been conducted separately and implemented. Though it is being said that the cadres of Civil Accounts are a part of the organized Accounts but structurally and functionally the cadres of Civil Accounts are vastly different from the organized Accounts Cadres. Therefore, the decision of postponement of cadre review beyond the implementation of 7th CPC for entire organized Accounts cadre does not stand on justification and hence untenable.
4. As per the point No .7 of the “POINTS TO BE FOLLOWED BY THE CADRE CONTROLLING AUTHORITIES WHILE FORMULATING PROPOSAL FOR CADRE REVIEW OF GR – ‘A’ SERVICES”, prescribed by DOP&T, the Cadre Review of Group “A” Services should be done after the Cadre Review of Gr. B, C & D are completed. But this basic norm was not observed and the Cadre Review of Gr. A officers of Civil Accounts Organization has been completed and implemented vide Department of Expenditure OM dated 11th March, 2015.
The meeting of the Co-ordination Committee also observed that the Controller General of Accounts has not sought the views of all constituents of coordination committee on the most important issue of transfer policy inspite of the fact that entirety of the Gr. B, C & D employees of the Civil Accounts Organization are adversely affected by the existing transfer policy and all employees and officers organizations representing these categories have been persistently pleading for adoption of a mutually agreed employee friendly transfer policy.
In view of the above situations this meeting of the Co-ordination Committee resolves to urge upon the Controller General of Accounts to kindly take note of the views expressed by the meeting and take favourable decision for resolving the grievances of all Group B and C cadres so that cordial atmosphere prevails in the organization.
The meeting furthers resolves to forward the Resolution to the Controller General of Accounts.
(Gopal Krishna Nair) (S.S. Chauhan)
Joint Chairperson Joint Chairperson