A.I.C.A.E.A CATEGORY II LETTER TO CGA DEAMANDING UNDOING INJUSTICE by extending the recognition
All India Civil Accounts Employees Association Category II
Central Office: - KOLKATA 700001
Address for Communication:-
1. COUNCIL HOUSE STREET (1ST FLOOR)
NO.AICAEA CAT II/CHQ/2017/28 Dated.11.05.2017
Shri Anthony Lianzuala,
Controller General of Accounts,
Ministry of Finance,
Department of Expenditure,
4th Floor, GPOA, Block-E, INA,
New Delhi – 110023
Subject:- Request for undoing injustice to All India Civil Accounts Employees Association Category – II by extending the recognition under CCS (RSA) Rules, 1993 on the basis of genuine verification report.
I on behalf of the All India Civil Accounts Employees Association Category – II (AICAEA Category-II) like to submit the following few lines for your kind consideration and favorable decision
1. The All India Civil Accounts Employees Association Category – II (Categorized in 2000 2001) was formed in the year 2002. From the year 2003 onwards, the Association has been seeking recognition under CCS (RSA) Rules, 1993. But the recognition was denied by the authorities persistently on the ground of not having 35% membership strength which is one of the major conditions for granting recognition to a service Association when there is no other recognized Association exists in that category. The Association had therefore, accepted the stand taken by the authority and kept on trying to acquire the confidence of 35% AAOs.
2. In the formal meeting held on 17-07-2014 with the National Executive of All India Civil Accounts Employees Association, the official side had informed the staff side that the All India Civil Accounts Employees Association Category II would not be recognized under CCS (RSA) Rules, 1993 as the Association was having only 27% membership. The Association was further informed about this fact vide letter No. A.60015/1/02/MF CGA (A)/NGE/AICAEA-II/301dated 28-10 -2015. The Association therefore, refrained from claiming its recognition in that situation.
3. In May, 2016 the Office of the Controller General of Accounts had notified for membership verification of another Association of same category i.e. Category II keeping the All India Civil Accounts Employees Association Category II in dark. Although it has been very clearly indicated in the provisions of the CCS (RSA) Rules, 1993 that membership verification of applicant Associations of a particular category is to be undertaken at a time by authorities responsible for granting recognition to the Associations so that all the Associations get equal opportunity in motivating employees for becoming the members of their respective Associations, but this procedure was not followed by your office.
4. However, after learning that, your office has been undertaking membership verification for another Association, this Association vide its letter No. AICAEA CAT II/CHQ/2016/45 dated 8th August, 2016 had requested to provide its legitimate opportunities in terms of the provisions of the provisions of the CCS (RSA) Rules, 1993 and undo the injustice being done towards it. But, your office vide letter No. A/60015/1/2016/MF-CGA (A)/NGE/AICAEA-II/302 dated 03-10-2016 had summarily rejected the requests of this Association without even examining the contents of its letter dated 8th August, 2016 properly.
5. In the official meeting held between the staff side representing AICAEA, AICAEA CAT II and AIA PAO(Civil) and Official Side of the Office of Controller General of Accounts on 15-11-2016, the official side had assured that, since another Association was having 35% membership and being granted recognition, the All India Civil Accounts Employees Association Category II being the second biggest Association in the category which is having 27% membership, proposal for its recognition under the provisions of CCS (RSA) Rules, 1993 shall also be forwarded to Ministry of Finance for approval.
6. As the normal procedure under CCS (RSA) Rules, 1993 provides that the Associations found eligible for recognition should be processed and granted recognition at a time; this Association vide its letter No. AICAEA CAT II/CHQ/2016/51 dated 21st November 2016 requested your office to kindly process and grant recognition to All India Civil Accounts Employees Association Category–II as a second Association in the category simultaneously.
7. But, instead of conceding the request of the Association and following the procedure laid down under CCS (RSA) Rules, 1993, your office vide letter No. A/60015/1/2016/MF-CGA (A)/NGE/AICAEA-II/403 dated 07-12-2016 had asked this Association to submit the documents like Memorandum of the Association, Constitution/Buy Laws of Association, names of the Office-bearers and estimated membership etc. afresh which were totally unjustified while the membership verifications were already done by your office on the basis of these documents which had been submitted by the Association earlier. Not only this, the Association had also submitted all documents relating to amendments brought to the Constitution of the Association by the conferences from time to time and the office bearers elected in consecutive conferences.
8. However, this Association had obliged the direction of your office and submitted all the documents sought by your office vide its letter No. AICAEA CAT II/CHQ/2016/ dated 09-12-2016 along with the request to grant recognition to the Association as the second major Association in terms of the in terms of the provisions of the CCS (RSA) Rules, 1993.
9. But this Association was surprised to find that, ignoring all laid down procedures and justifications, your office has arbitrarily ordered for re-verification of the membership of All India Civil Accounts Employees Association Category II once again vide OM No. A. 60015/1/2016/MF. CGA (A)/NGE/AICAEA–II/64 dated 25th April 2017. Further, your office has also asked the nodal authorities to submit the verification report within a period of 45 days which is totally unjustified as the AAOs are spread over more than a hundred stations of the country.
Sir, the documents we have referred above are readily available with your office and if examined, those will establish the fact of injustice being done with the All India Civil Accounts Employees Association Category-II without any ambiguity.
After undertaking membership verification in same method for two associations separately, granting recognition to one of the Associations straight away and ordering re-verification of other Association instead of granting recognition ignoring the fact that the leter is also eligible for recognition in terms of the verification report and under the same CCS (RSA) Rules, 1993 is not only a discrimination but a prejudiced approach of your office. It is really disappointing to find that, a section of the employees have been subjected to injustice and denied the democratic right of forming and operating an Association in terms of the Government of India Rules and provisions of the Article-19 of the Constitution of India by your office purposely.
Therefore, this Association requests you to kindly intervene personally in to the matter and undo the injustice being done with this Association. We are however, not averse to the membership verification and our members are taking part in the verification process. But we hope you will kindly take a rational stand over that matter and make the employees feel that they are working under a very reasonable and judicious authority.
(Debraj Singha Roy)