A.I.C.A.E.A CIRCULAR DATED 21ST AUGUST 2018 : BRIEF RESUME OF THE MEETING HELD BETWEEN THE OFFICIAL SIDE OF CGA AND THE REPRESENTATIVES OF ALL INDIA CIVIL ACCOUNTS EMPLOYEES ASSOCIATION ON 21ST AUGUST 2018 FOR DISCUSSION ON RESTRUCTURING OF AAO (CIVIL) EXAMINATION
(RECOGNIZED BY GOVT. OF INDIA)
Central Office: - Address for Communication:-
Room No. 351, ‘B’ Wing, 17/2 – C, P & T Quarters,
Loknayak Bhawan, Kali Bari Marg,
Khan Market, New Delhi – 110003 New Delhi-110001
No:- AICAEA/HQ/A-1/2018/Cir-2 Dated: 21.08.2018
All National Executive Members,
All Branch Secretaries,
All Unit Secretaries,
BRIEF RESUME OF THE MEETING HELD BETWEEN THE OFFICIAL SIDE OF CGA AND THE REPRESENTATIVES OF ALL INDIA CIVIL ACCOUNTS EMPLOYEES ASSOCIATION ON 21ST AUGUST 2018 FOR DISCUSSION ON RESTRUCTURING OF AAO (CIVIL) EXAMINATION
As per the Meeting Notice No:- A.34012/Online/MF.CGA (E)/600 dated 14th August, 2018 a five member delegation of All India Civil Accounts Employees Association comprising Shri Ajit Huparikar, President (Hyderabad), Shri B. Sitaram, Working President (Chennai), Shri V. Bhattacharjee, Secretary General (New Delhi), Shri Ajay K. Patole, Addl. Secretary General (Mumbai) and Shri Pranab Acharjee, Joint Secretary General (Kolkata) attended the meeting convened by the official side of Controller General of Accounts to discuss the restructuring of AAO (Civil) Examination at 3.30 PM of 21st August, 2018.
Official side was represented by Shri Rokhum Lalremruate, Joint Controller General of Accounts (E) as Chairman, Dr. Richa Pandey, ACGA (E) and R.R. Nair, Sr. AO (E).
The discussion in the meeting took place on the basis of the written suggestions forwarded by the Associations before 30th June 2018. The Brief Resume of the meeting is as under:-
1. All India Civil Accounts Employees Association demanded that in consideration of experiences of different examinations conducted recently by different authorities, outsourcing of examination may not be done and if it is not avoidable, it may be conducted by CGA with the help of NIC.
The official side informed that, in appreciation of the concern of the staff side, modalities of new pattern of Examination have been decided. It shall be held online and the whole process of Examination shall be held under the supervision of Controller General of Accounts authorities. However, technical support shall be taken from outsourced agency as no government agency is in a position to provide technical support. In order to ensure the smooth processing of the examinations, the stations with poor internet facility shall be avoided but at the same time candidates shall not be placed to the inconvenience of travelling long distances.
2. All India Civil Accounts Employees Association demanded to make the papers with 35 percent objective and 65 percent descriptive to ensure that the supervisory skills of future AAOs continue to be effective.
Official side informed that, while taking the decision of making the new pattern of Examination completely objective and multiple choice types, adequate care has been taken keeping view the suggestions of All India Civil Accounts employees Association. Each paper will have 100 objectives multiple choice type questions to be answered. 65% will be basic level, 25% will be of advance level & 10% will be difficult. However 50 marks shall be enough for passing the examination. Moreover, in order to elevate the skills of the future AAOs appropriate training facilities to the qualified candidates shall be ensured.
3. On the basis of practical justifications the All India Civil Accounts Employees Association has demanded for continuation of 8 papers.
The official side informed that, they have agreed to consider the suggestion of maintaining 8 papers.
4. All India Civil Accounts Employees Association has demanded for suitable modifications in the syllabus for the new examination pattern.
Official side has informed that, it has been agreed to modify the Syllabus keeping in view the modifications suggested by All India Civil Accounts Employees Association in its written proposal.
5. All India Civil Accounts Employees Association has demanded to make duration of examination for three hours instead of two hours considering the vastness of syllabus in comparison to other departmental examinations.
Official side informed that, two hours is the standard timings. However, matter shall be re-examined and subject to approval of higher authority.
6. Responding to the suggestion given by All India Civil Accounts Employees Association, Official side informed that, there shall not be any negative marking. However, provision of books or any other aid has been decided to discontinue.
7. Official side informed that, as accepted in the earlier meeting with All India Civil Accounts Employees Association, minimum marks for passing in each paper will continue to be 50 for general category and 45 for SC/ST like previous examination system. Further, as proposed by All India Civil Accounts Employees Association to allow the MTS who are Graduates and above to appear the examination after a specified year of service shall be considered sympathetically.
8. All India Civil Accounts Employees Association had demanded for giving stipulated 6 chances to both old and new pattern and insisted for the same in the meeting as the candidates shall suffer extremely.
Official side has reported that, as per the direction of Department of Expenditure, one more special Examination for the candidates cleared 1 to 7 papers in old system shall be conducted by the end of November, 2018 and side by side preparations for new pattern of Examination shall be done so that examinations under new system could be done at the earliest possible.
9. As per its demand, the All India Civil Accounts Employees Association had insisted to carry forward the exemptions acquired by the candidates in old pattern to new pattern so that the hard labour rendered by the candidates in the old system does not get wasted and they may not be victim of an unjustified decision.
With much difficulty Official side agree to revisit the decision.
10. All India Civil Accounts Employees Association had suggested that there should be six consecutive chances for appearing the examination, and exemption, if any, should continue till all chances are exhausted.
Official side has agreed to look into the first part of the suggestion in new pattern of Examination and but did not offer any assurance of considering the second part.
11. All India Civil Accounts Employees Association demanded proper training and coaching facilities for the prospective candidates.
Official side assured that, in addition to proper training and coaching facilities mock test facilities shall also be made before bringing the new pattern of Examination in to operation,
12. All India Civil Accounts Employees Association had demanded that there should not be any test after imparting training to officials qualified the AAO (Civil) Examination.
Official side agreed to consider this demand.
Apart from the issues concerning with AAO (Civil) Examination, the staff side also requested to consider the following issues in pursuance of the direction given in the meeting with the official side on 16th August 2018, :-
1. Conducting regular Examinations for promotion to LDC from MTS and to Accountant from LDC: it was brought to the notice of the official side that, as there was no examination for promotion from MTS to LDC and LDC to Accountant for years together, the employees of these cadres are suffering very badly.
Official side informed that another set of examination shall be conducted.
2. Removal of injustice to newly recruited Accountant in the matter of granting 1st increment through rectification of the procedure of Departmental Confirmatory test: As the increment of newly recruited Accountants are getting postponed for conducting the departmental confirmatory tests once in six months, the All India Civil Accounts Employees Association proposed to reduce eligibility period to four months for appearing DCT and conduct the departmental confirmatory tests once in four months to resolve the problem.
Official side agreed to look into the proposal
THE REPORTING’S MADE ABOVE MAY NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MINUTES OF THE MEETING. IT IS ONLY THE RESUME OF THE MEETING WHICH IS DIFFERENT FROM MINUTES. OFFICE OF CGA SHALL ISSUE THE MINUTES WHICH SHALL CARRY ACTUAL SPIRIT OF DISCUSSION HELD.
All India Association of PAOs (Civil) being another recognized Association was also invited for giving opinion. But the Association being very rational in its approach, it preferred not to encroach into our arena and conveyed to CGA authorities that it stands by our opinion. We offer our sincere thanks to them.
The AICAEA CATEGORY II which is representing the AAOs had also made their suggestions like AIAPAO (Civil) but abstained from discussion as the matter is not connected with its members.
THE OUTCOME OF THE MEETING BEING NOT AT ALL UPTO THE EXPECTATIONS OF THE ASSOCIATION AND ITS MEMBERS, A DECISION IN THIS RESPECT SHALL BE TAKEN AND TOTALITY OF THE MEMBERSHIP OF NATIONAL FEDERATION OF CIVIL ACCOUNTS ASSOCIATIONS (NFCAA) SHALL FIGHT UNITEDLY.
However, if any suggestion or demand is considered necessary to place before the authorities, it may be forwarded to headquarters of the Association through email; email@example.com